cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call to local Freedom Mobile number gives long distance msg

lobo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, not sure if this is a PM call routing issue or Freedom Mobile.  My son got a FM account and a 647 area code number.  When the wife or I try calling his number with our individual PM numbers (416 area codes) we get a message that we don't have a long distance plan and can not complete the call.  Other providers like Bell seem to have no problems establishing the call to his 647 number.  We're in the GTA (Vaughan) so it's not like we're long distance to anywhere.  Both mine and my wife's plan have the unlimited province wide calling.  Also of note, when he calls our numbers, they connect successfully with no problems.

Thoughts?

10 REPLIES 10

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I believe every PM customer in Ontario will have trouble with the 249 area code. I need this one fixed ASAP

jnm24

Thanks for the advise.

I did send an email to the moderator team and I am waiting for their reply.

Thanks.

@lobo its also possible that issue is a known issue now takes less time to fix these days vs when issue was first discovered

@jnm24 you need to send PM to mods to correct the issue as this is in backend so nothing can be done about it by clients (UNLESS you do number change)

lobo

Yes I got my issue sort of resolved by the admins.  They had to put a long distance add-on to my package as a temporary way for the calls to go through without the long distance message and then disconnecting.  The long term fix involves something on the backend with their engineering team and they ask for the number from Freedom Mobile.  

So send a private message to one of the mods and explain the situation to get it resolved.  Mine was actually fixed within a couple of days at most.  The long term fix might take longer but as long as my calls go through I'm ok with that.

jnm24

Hi,

I also got the same problem. I tried calling my son's Freedom Mobile number and I have the same issue.

Was your issue resolved already? If yes, what was the solution? Please advise.

Thank you.

@lobo ah ok, it just would have been funny if we had same phone numbers (I had 3 really great 647-915-XXXX numbers)

I had only activated 3 dummy accounts for the sole purpose of porting them to Public to take advantage of a promo plan then realized I could not call them!

I gave up and number changed afterwards 

lobo

Actually it's 647-904-xxxx.

@lobo 100% a Public thing

Had exact same experiance a few months ago 

Public will take FOREVER to fix it (like 90+ days)

Ask mods to give you a free long distance add on while they open the ticket

Cat Wink

(As an aside I think it is somehow related to Freedom getting new/odd number combinations since it only happens with them)

*edit hey just for fun, noticed you said 647

Wouldn't happen to be 647-915-XXXX would it? 

lobo

No the call doesn't go through.  It says sorry could not complete the call whether I listent to the whole message or put a "1" in front of the number.  I'll ping the mods to assist.  Thanks.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Ignore the message and see if the call goes through. If it does not, you will need moderator assistance. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number and an explanation.

It's a quirk in the system. If you find it too annoying try putting +1 in front of the number.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.