cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call minutes deducted for checking voicemail even using another phone

Williamlu1166
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm using the $15 plan. If I use another phone to dial 647-580-4001 and check my voicemail, I found that minutes got deducted. Is't right?

36 REPLIES 36

@Williamlu1166 are you actually seeing a reduction in available minutes on the "my account" page, or just seeing line entries on the usage page? Entries on the usage page don't necessarily mean minutes were consumed.

If you call your own number from another phone and it goes to voicemail, that call will appear in the usage log as a call to the ***4001 voicemail number, but doesnt deduct minutes usage on the $15 plan.

@Williamlu1166 wrote:

I use another phone to check my PM voicemail. It is deducted every time as gets into the PM voicemail. I know if you use your PM phone to check voicemail, the minutes will be deducted.

@Williamlu1166   you sure PM deducts the minute?  

Please note that if you call form another phone to your voicemail, the call will show up on your Usage history but it does not mean it got counted.  All calls will show up on your Usage history but not all of them will be counted against your minute bucket

Williamlu1166
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@dust2dust wrote:

I don't think you're looking at things properly. Are you saying that the phone you called from deducted minutes from its plan calling that number? That would be correct. I would be completely surprised if calling that number deducted minutes from YOUR plan

@dust2dust I use another phone to check my PM voicemail. It is deducted every time as gets into the PM voicemail. I know if you use your PM phone to check voicemail, the minutes will be deducted.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@Williamlu1166 wrote:

I'm using the $15 plan. If I use another phone to dial 647-580-4001 and check my voicemail, I found that minutes got deducted. Is't right?

You should only be deducted minutes if you call that number from your own phone. Make sure to use the little circle arrow to refresh the minutes usage in the my account/self-serve site before and after your next attempt to confirm. It's likely the usage was delayed, and the minutes were actually deducted from another call.

Otherwise, if you are just looking at the call history, any entries on that page don't give any indication of which calls did or didn't use minutes as well.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I don't think you're looking at things properly. Are you saying that the phone you called from deducted minutes from its plan calling that number? That would be correct. I would be completely surprised if calling that number deducted minutes from YOUR plan calling from another phone.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Williamlu1166   You don't need to call that number, you can call yourself from a landline.  Try it and see if the system will deduct minute or not

add:

How to access your voicemail from another phone:
Call your 10-digit phone number.
When you hear your voicemail greeting, press the star key (*) to interrupt it.
Enter your voicemail password when prompted.
Follow the voice prompts to listen to your messages.

Need Help? Let's chat.