cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call forwarding issue: call doesn't connect when answered on the forwarded line

MatF
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have 2 public mobile lines on 2 different phones.

I have set up call forwarding on phone 1 to forward calls to phone 2.

Sometimes it works fine, but often, when I answer on phone 2, I can't hear the person and the person can't hear me. I have been told by people trying to call me that it doesn't even ring on their end (?).

I've tried disabling and re-enabling but I still get the problem.

13 REPLIES 13

@MatF 

Which suggestion in @softech 's post was the solution? While all may be good for another member to try with a similar issue trying the one that worked for you first would be helpful.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

None anymore @Nezgar , so can't perform these tests for you.  

MatF
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Those are all very good avenues to try and identify the root cause, I'll give them a go. The problem is that it does not happen with every call, so it makes it harder to troubleshoot.

Thanks for your help!

@HALIMACS wrote:

Thanks @0PX9O4 

I honestly did not figure call forwarding would work with Public Mobile (as it's a 'fee per use' service or extra package offering with Koodo)

Mind you I haven't tried it here either, so good to know!!!

Yeah, supposedly without a $3 addon at Koodo, call forwarding is charged at 60¢/minute. Not being a Koodo customer myself, if you know someone who is on Koodo I'd really like to know the results of a couple of quick tests:

1. Koodo prepaid seems to share a lot of the same backend functionality as Public Mobile - I'm curious if Koodo prepaid incurs charges for call forwarding without the $3 addon - or if there even is an option for a $3 addon with Koodo prepaid. Testing would be with both unconditional *21 and conditional (*61, *62, *67)
  2. See if Koodo postpaid charges for call forwarding with both unconditional *21 and conditional (*61, *62, *67). I suspect there may be no charges incurred for conditional call forwards - since this functionality is shared by the voicemail system. If so, then the add-on would not be necessary to utilize a 3rd party voicemail service.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@MatF 

Have you toggled airplane mode on/off to ensure you have a good connection to the network? Then follow these instructions from the viscount of voicemail @Nezgar .

Call forwarding is easy... you can find "unconditional" forwarding it in the phone app menu's somehere, or dial the programming code directly. For example:

*21*1234567890# - to forward all calls to 1234567890. (Any 10/11 digit number in Canada) At this point the forwarded phone doesn't even need to be on anymore.

##21# to undo the unconditional call forwarding so calls will now arrive at the original phone.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@HALIMACS wrote:

it seemed unlikely Public Mobile would include the option.

@HALIMACS   you might have leaked PM's top secret.. With everything changing this year, Community update, Public Points, .. this could be another Big Announcement soon 🙂

Post edited @softech 

I just figured since Koodo charges this on a pay per use basis or as an add-on feature (at least they did on the plan i was on until i ported here recently), that it seemed unlikely Public Mobile would include the option.

Glad they do - another thumbs up for PM services!!!

@HALIMACS   what you meant by no call forward option?

https://publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/call-forwarding

Thanks @0PX9O4 

I honestly did not figure call forwarding would work with Public Mobile (as it's a 'fee per use' service or extra package offering with Koodo)

Mind you I haven't tried it here either, so good to know!!!

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@HALIMACS wrote:

@MatF 

I do not believe public mobile has the option to forward calls.

Are you certain it is even working some of the time?

I forward calls sometimes, it's not a problem.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@MatF  to be honest, it sound like an issue with your Phone 2, device or the service, should have nothing to do with the forwarding

with phone 2, just normal calling the line directly, do you experience that a lot?

do you experience the issue with phone 2 only when you are in a particular area? like home or office?  If so, it could be network there

did you try to use headset, Bluetooth or wired one or speaker phone just to confirm it is not the device  issue?

Also, what kind of phone do you have ? brand and model?

did you try to swap the sim card between phone 1 and phone 2 and see if the same setup has the same issue?

Until you try to find out more info, it is hard to confirm it is a network issue or your device. but if you would like to , you can still try to open a ticket with PM Support.  To open ticket with PM (expand the spoiler below):

Spoiler

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here (but it will be slower): https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@MatF 

I do not believe public mobile has the option to forward calls.

Are you certain it is even working some of the time?

EDIT:   guess they do have the option... thanks @0PX9O4  &  @softech for info!!!

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MatF 

That is very strange. Since the most likely cause is network-related, I would urge you to send a private message to CS_Agent with your account details so they can investigate it for you.

Need Help? Let's chat.