Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call forwarding and text and find my iPhone

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

So if I have 3 iPhones 

iPhone 1 is moms

iPhone 2 is dads 

iPhone 3 is mine   And these 3 iPhones have family sharing and find my iPhone enabled could I get a 4th iPhone and forward my calls and texts messages to it while leaving iPhone 3 (mine) at work and still talk and text like I normally do , all the while running the roads and if mom or dad checked the find my iPhone it would appear I’m still actually at work ? Is this possible ?

21 REPLIES 21

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Handy1 wrote:

So if I have 3 iPhones 

iPhone 1 is moms

iPhone 2 is dads 

iPhone 3 is mine   And these 3 iPhones have family sharing and find my iPhone enabled could I get a 4th iPhone and forward my calls and texts messages to it while leaving iPhone 3 (mine) at work and still talk and text like I normally do , all the while running the roads and if mom or dad checked the find my iPhone it would appear I’m still actually at work ? Is this possible ?

If you/they need family sharing to see where each other are then the trust already isn't there, plus what happens when they show up at your work & guess what? You’re really not there! You’re already setting yourself up for failure with dishonesty! People always…. get found out. If you don’t want to be found tell them & disable it. Simple. Be honest.

Thats just my 2 cents worth! 😬 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Hi @CountyDownIeUk have to admit the FindMy  is a good feature Apple brought in.  Yes, Google and Samsung both copied

@hTideGnow 

Thanks. I guess they all copy each other. My Android days/knowledge are over. 😁

But I assume, let me know if not, that Find My on an Android does not work with the Apple version of Find My?? I assumed by the OP that the haram all have iPhones.  Or are you thinking that there is an different Find My app that is compatible for a mix of Android and Apple?  @Handy1 Why not get over with it and have a glass of Ménage à Trois?? 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Handy1 

I know that you can receive and send text if iPhone 3 & 4 are login to the same Apple ID then go to Settings>Messages>Text Message Forwarding>enable iPhone 4 and you need to do the same for iPhone 3.

You can only Call Forward to the second phone and don’t know if you can track with Find My for iPhone 1 & 2.

@CountyDownIeUk what you meant by using Android.  Android has FindMy too

Good luck on your adventure and your demise of trust. 

How about switching to Android? In my day...no one knew where I was until I got back home. You young folks have kind of screwed yourselves with data, electronics  and APPS. GOOD LUCK. Do what you want with Find My.  But friends tell friends and who knows who you can unexpectedly bump into. 

@computergeek541 

This is lounge material as suggested. 

@CountyDownIeUk  But just for texting part of it even with I pad or iPhone no need to forward just use same Apple ID and I should be good to make and receive texts over wifi with no one being the wiser it’s not my phone in a different location ,,, and just don’t have find my enabled on that 4th device does that sound correct

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@dabr hands down your correct , but as for lounge it is phone related I’m trying to figure out how set up iPhones to enable to be like James Bond in the middle of the night 

Just a caution @Handy1   make sure you test test and test some more to make it does what you are trying to accomplish. It may need some tweaks. 

Ie. My daughter and I track each other and I can see her on my iPad and iPhone. Maybe #4 Phone needs a different appleid. 

And keep  in mind that all calls forwarded that need to be called back....you will reveal #4 phone number. And there is a way around that by calling out on a voip.ms account over data or wifi  that gives out your #3 number for caller ID. For info on that, ask me. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Handy1   I think this thread belongs in the Lounge.  

Just to add my two cents worth to this, remember trust is an important commodity for all parties.

@CountyDownIeUk  I’m a eligible bachelor, that has couple good things going not quite ready to commit to either but let this two good things share find my phone now ,  with other prospects propositioning  me that I’d like to further examine and screen … but don’t want those other two good things in my life to be aware of … so handy1 is trying to buy himself time to figure out which is the true diamond in the ruff …. My biggest mistake was sharing  find my to even be enabled. But this apparently means a lot to them. ,.. but creates a mess to have any privacy myself even thou my intentions are taboo I make no excuses for just being a typical man trying to beat the system 

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

So if I have 3 iPhones 

iPhone 1 is moms

iPhone 2 is dads 

iPhone 3 is mine   And these 3 iPhones have family sharing and find my iPhone enabled

That’s all based on reciprocal permissions. 

could I get a 4th iPhone and forward my calls and texts messages to it while leaving iPhone 3 (mine) at work and still talk and text like I normally do ,

You can forward calls from #3 to #4. #3 will not ring. I am only questing that #3 would receive texts as well as I have not researched or needed that option .  Texts or iMessages cannot be forwarded BUT you can set up, based on using the same Apple ID that all texts are picked up by all devices under your AppleID if set up that way. And if iMessage is set up the  same on all of your devices , then that will work too. The only thing I have found is when texting to another device (that does not have iMessage) from my iPad on wifi and want to send an attachment, if won’t work but perhaps if iPhone #4 has a working SIM in it, you could turn data on and send. But then you would reveal #4’s phine number. So, I say, you can. 

all the while running the roads and if mom or dad checked the find my iPhone it would appear I’m still actually at work ?

Yes I would think so. As long as #4 phone does not allow Mom and Dad to have “Find My” linked to #4. 

Is this possible ?

Very likely. 

Check this out too. 

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT208386

Ok so now.....you have a lot of curios community members wondering what you are up to. Like are you working for your parents company for 16 hours a day and now want to sneak away for an anonymous rendezvous. Setting up Find My can be dangerous if you forget about it. 

360C2DED-9B49-4CD6-BBB0-9F6A77A7B792.jpeg

@dust2dust  No I’m not that clever , wish I was just like to know how to pull the wool of my girlfriends (ma dimes ) to meet and have more , variety is the spice of life I’m told and it’s time for me to start living LOL

Sooo...you're intending to commit fraud against your employer. Anybody here that helps you is aiding and abetting and counselling to commit a crime.

@hTideGnow  Ok this is great news , texting is mainly the important part here to the puzzle … but even in the case of using a  iPad I’m not forwarding I’m just sharing the text and emails with it ,, so cos phone easier to conceal if it had same Apple ID used on it with no SIM card and wifi only stands to reason them it too should send and receive the text and emails would that be correct 

HI@Handy1   i tried iPad  only. But I don't think forward to iPhone would work

@hTideGnow  So in this example I just need another apple device phone or iPad use same Apple ID … just long as there’s wifi and I can reply to text and it will appear as my iPhone 3 texting back if it’s left at work , just no calls ? If this is correct then this would work in my scenario I’d like to create all the while find my makes me look like I’m at work 

@Handy1   in your setup, as long as you don't make the call or text back, it will work

but instead of text forwarding to another iPhone  using other app, you can forward to Mac or iPad using Apple built in function

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252743441

you can reply text and no one knows

but you still cannot make calls from your other iphone

So, you are not asking for any reason, you are trying to get away from your other half. 🤣

(Valentine day was yesterday, too late for this year.. )

@hTideGnow  I am and mom and dad are dead but I’m wondering what the work around if any would be for achieving such a situation if any aside from just disabling find my iPhone , is  there a way to make that 3 rd iPhone to appear somewheres I’m not 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Handy1   I thought you are a parent yourself, you need to hide from your mom and dad too?

you can't text back  in this situation without others find out

Need Help? Let's chat.