cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call conditional call forwarding

gordone27
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When people call my phone it rings once then goes to my dads number.and hes with bell. Why is this happening.

Why can't I get a.hold of anyone.why isnt there a number to call for someone to help me. I been trying to fix this issue for 7 days .there is no way to submit a ticket a private msg..how do I get someone from public mobile to help me

Worst.phone company ever to get any kind of help

9 REPLIES 9

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@gordone27  - You can reset any custom conditional call forwards back to default voicemail by dialing ##004#. You can also reset/unset any "unconditional" forwarding by dialing ##21#.

If you want to change the number of rings before your calls go to voicemail, first query what the current time is by dialing *#61# and note the number and delay.

For example, if the voicemail number returned is 3065804001, You can change the delay to 20 seconds by dialing *61*3065804001**20#

You can set anywhere from 10 to 30 seconds in 5 second increments:

10 seconds - approximately 2 rings

15 seconds - 3 rings

20 seconds - 4 rings

25 seconds - 5 rings

30 seconds - 6 rings

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@gordone27 

Did you activate 7 days ago and port in your number? Did you also have one of your call forwarding settings set up to call your Dad's number? Perhaps it's forwarding to your Dad because your port failed and your incoming calling is being directed to your old provider because your phone number is still with them.

If you ported check the old SIM card for service and/or access your old account. You will have to reinitiate your port request thru customer support or the telus porting department and reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of recieving it on your old sim card.

Edit:

Oops now that I checked your profile I see you been here since 2019. Oh well it was worth a try....I wish we could check that info from your username pop up like before?

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

@esjlivYes testing through the settings seems to show that the extra # makes no difference. In fact #002# clears everything back to default. All = off, conditionals = default.

@dust2dust wrote:

Go into the dialing app and "dial" ##004# maybe even the green go button. That should reset the call forwarding of your number.

@dust2dust  - your code has one extria ' # ' as this feature:

esjliv_0-1652485571005.png

Is " ##004# " in your post different, or supposed to be the same in the Get Help article?

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/call-forwarding

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Go into the dialing app and "dial" ##004# maybe even the green go button. That should reset the call forwarding of your number.

mu100
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you have an iphone go to setting => phone  and check to see if 'Calls on Other Devices' is turned on.  If it is ON try turning it off to see if this fixes the problem.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

It would be a device setting as opposed to a carrier. With that said a CSA can still be reached fairly quickly for other issues as well through the online avenues available 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@gordone27 was that a setting you set up at one point?

See call forwarding features here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/call-forwarding

Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA) are contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Why can't you submit a ticket through private message?

If you cannot see your envelope at the top right of your community page then:

• Go to your Community Avatar.
  • My Settings
  • Preferences
  • CHECK the "Turn on Private Messages"

esjliv_0-1652479589667.png

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@gordone27 

What make and model phone do you have?

We can help you with your phone setting.

Need Help? Let's chat.