cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Control

ralvankar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How can I set call control?

Call Control helps reduce unwanted calls by prompting incoming callers to enter a specific number, which the caller must enter correctly before the call can be connected. Callers with no response or an incorrect response won’t be able to complete the call.

How can I set this feature on my line?

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@naddude : I'm no expert and no lawyer but I had understood that the requirement was to keep incorrectly formatted numbers from connecting. Which we have. (although there was a recent post from someone saying they got a V type of number which is not supposed to get through) Which then brought about all the spoofing.

The ability for an individual customer to deflect unwelcome calls is not required. Telus and Koodo offer it via Call Control. Seems a big hassle to me but whatever turns peoples crank. Some here have said they like it.

The future of the companies even stopping spoofing is a work in progress.

But I'm no expert.

naddude
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I disagree. It's a regulatory requirement.

HI @naddude 

These CRTC rule is to fight Caller ID Spoofing.  Telus has implement it but you need a new phone that support STIR/SHAKEN verification to work

Call control is not part of the requirement.

@naddude wrote:

The CRTC has required all mobile tel  providers to have this, so I am not sure how PM is exempt.

HI @naddude   there is no CRTC requirement to offer Call Control as of today.   

If you find any article regarding this, feel free to share.

naddude
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The CRTC has required all mobile tel  providers to have this, so I am not sure how PM is exempt.

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@ralvankar

Sorry but PM doesn't offer that call control option.  If you really want that option, you'll have to switch to either Koodo or Telus. Sorry 😐

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ralvankar 

You would have to port out to another provider (Koodo or TELUS) who offers this option, unfortunately.

You can, however, set your device to only accept incoming calls from selected persons in your contact list. Any callers who are not a designated contact would then be directed directly to voicemail,  after which most would likely hang up if scam callers.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

PM has no Call Control

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ralvankar 

at public mobile not have option like that..

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not offered here.

Need Help? Let's chat.