cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working - can't create ticket either

iba2016
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am trying to create a ticket because my cellular data network is not activating on my iPhone. It has worked fine on this device and all of a sudden stopped working for me today. I performed all of the supplied troubleshooting steps, and then your ticketing system wouldn't let me create a ticket. Please help.

6 REPLIES 6

iba2016

I managed to get it working again. I forgot I was on a beta version of iOS on my iPhone. I updated to iOS 15.4 Public Beta 1 because I wanted to be able to use Face ID with a mask on.

I put my SIM in my older iPhone that was running iOS 15.3 and LTE worked fine again, once I updated that phone to 15.4 it also had the same cellular data issue.

On both iPhones, iOS 15.4 doesn't let me connect to anything but 3G. When I try to do anything cellular data related I get the error in the attached screenshot that says "Could not activate cellular data network. You are not subscribed to a cellular data service." despite having several gigs of available data.

It appears someone at Public Mobile needs to do a carrier settings update or reach out to Apple about this before more people make the same mistake I did. iOS 15.4 public beta 1 came out a few days ago and there are a lot of clickbait articles suggesting you update for the Face ID with a mask feature and I assume more Public Mobile users will see them and end up having this problem too.

I found some other people on reddit with the same issue.

https://www.reddit.com/r/iOSBeta/comments/sh0m0l/ios_154_lost_my_cellular_data_on_public_mobile/

One user commented "Looks like it’s related to 3G being gone in Cellular Data Options and PM being 3G. This evening I got a carrier update and I thought it could somehow fix it but it didn’t do anything."

I hope this helps or at least stops a few people from doing this update before this issue is fixed!

Thanks to everyone that commented with possible fixes!

IMG-5923.PNG

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@iba2016 wrote:

I am trying to create a ticket because my cellular data network is not activating on my iPhone. It has worked fine on this device and all of a sudden stopped working for me today. I performed all of the supplied troubleshooting steps, and then your ticketing system wouldn't let me create a ticket. Please help.

@iba2016  - I know you said you did troubleshooting, but can you say what trouble shooting you tried, because then we, would have no idea to suggest otherwise.

Have you tried your SIM card in another compatible, unlocked phone to see if your data works?

Other ones, which you may have tried, but if not do these:

*turn off your phone, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings on your device

If your other services are not working either...check if your phone is blacklisted here, just to make sure https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

There are 2 ways to submit a ticket: through SIMon Chabot, or private message to Customer Support (CSA).

Both methods found here. If needed use one that suits you best:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@iba2016 

Is there an outage in your area?

https://www.telus.com/en/nu/outages 

Also go to your Settings>Cellular>enable Cellular Data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your other services are working fine? Calls in/out? Texts in/out? Did you do an update on your phone recently? Of course the cellular data is turned on...gotta ask. Does your browser have permission to use cell data? Maybe someone's pulling a prank.

(beta version of iOS was culprit ....... Luddite)

iba2016

Yes I have. I have several gigs of data available. It’s saying “cannot not activate cellular data network” - I have completed all of the troubleshooting steps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you logged in to your self-serve to check for lines mentioning data under your My Data & Add-ons? If you don't see a line then you've used all your data. Let us know.

Need Help? Let's chat.