cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANNOT TEXT TO ENGLAND

catstars
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have been trying to text to England and I after I send the text I get an automated message right from a sender named 4685 which says that I have entered an incorrect number and to try again. I had a friend who has texted to England look over my number and country codes to ensure they were correct. In addition this friend who lives in Victoria asked me to send a text message to his Hong Kong phone number, and the message got through fine.I phoned the phone number that I am having problems texting to in England and I was able to get through (using a prepaid phone card). I am currently using a Public Mobile plan that cost $25.00/month.

Would you know what is preventing me from texting

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

catstars

Hi,

Thank you for help, I will give your ideas a try.

@catstars  check this thread, not sure if it applies to you:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/text-error-468-5/td-p/208560

You can try by putting your PM SIM in another phone, preferably on another phone that NEVER called your England friend before.  Try to have your PM SIM there and tese your friend in England and see if it works

@catstars wrote:

Hi softech,

The area code I am texting in England is 790.

I tried texting 011-44-790 and +44-790, but I keep getting a automated response from 4685 saying that I have entered an incorrect number and to try again.

I did successfully text from Vancouver to a Hong Kong cell phone number today, though this Hong Kong cell phone is currently located in Canada.

Any other ideas I can try?

Thank you.

@catstars 

Anyway to ask the person to text you and you reply back?

or ask your friend to give you another cell number to try texting, I honestly think it is a problem on the receiving ends

Or you can also someone in Canada to try to text that number for you and see if it works

catstars

Hi Halimacs,

I am in Canada trying to text to someone in Chester England. But I was able to text to a Hong Kong cell phone number this morning, though this phone is currently located in Canada. 

I did ask the recipient in England to text me but they told me that their plan does not include outgoing international texting. 

Any other suggestions?

Thank you.

catstars

Hi softech,

The area code I am texting in England is 790.

I tried texting 011-44-790 and +44-790, but I keep getting a automated response from 4685 saying that I have entered an incorrect number and to try again.

I did successfully text from Vancouver to a Hong Kong cell phone number today, though this Hong Kong cell phone is currently located in Canada.

Any other ideas I can try?

Thank you.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Couple of things, @catstars 

1. are you IN CANADA while trying to text England?   if outside of Canada, that's why it won't work.
  2. ask the intended recipient to text you first, then reply to their text - does that work?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@catstars   did you drop the 0 when calling /texting England?

To call/text  UK, drop the 0 before the area code
For example, if  area code 0186 , you should be just calling 01144 186 1234567

or
Land Phone Number 011 - 44 - Area Code -

Cell Number 011 - 44 - 10

**Calls made to numbers starting with the following UK codes are not included in UK calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialled: 4470, 44870-44879, 44843-44845.

Need Help? Let's chat.