cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text error 468-5

logical7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I first bought my publicmobile SIM 3 months ago I had a blackberry. Everything worked fine - text, talk and data. Yesterday I bought an iphone and inserted the publicmobile SIM card. Everything works fine - text, talk, data except I cannot text my husband. I did not have this problem with the blackberry, I was texting him just fine. I thought it was a problem with the iPhone and have spent approximately 5 hours on various calls with Apple and they cannot solve it and say to contact my carrier or my husband's carrier (Koodoo)

I can phone him. But when I send a text he does not get it and it bounces back with error message 468-5. He can send me a text but when I reply I get the same error. I can send and receive texts with other family and friends. My husband is the only problem (and of course he is the one I most need to be able to text)

We have spend at least 6 hours trying to fix it. I have deleted every conversation we have had from the phone history and from 'recent'. I have deleted him from my contacts. I have deleted every text I ever sent him including groups he was in. I have gone into Yahoo Mail and deleted him from my contacts there. I have checked icloud and I have no contactst there. I have upgraded my iPhone IOS. I have done everything and yet when I send a text it keeps saying his number is incorrect (even though I can call him).

10 REPLIES 10

logical7

Dear Imm1304. This did not help. Apple Cloud was backing up the corrupted data and just reloading it after the factory install. When Koodoo recommended that was different from what you recommended was to do a factory reset without backing up to the Cloud. That is what finally worked.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Happy to hear that Koodo was able to resolve this for you.  

I did suggest a factory reset 4 hours ago but then I got busy so could not follow up to your question.  

As a general rule of thumb follow this order of generic troubleshooting: 

• reboot
  • If the problem persists, remove sim and wait 1 minute and then put the sim card back in and boot up. 
  • If still no go, do settings reset, i.e. Network settings reset or All settings reset. 
  • If still no go, do a reset with restore from icloud/itunes. 
  • If problem persists, then just wipe clean and start fresh with a factory reset (Settings > General > Reset). This pretty much covers all software related issues.  

logical7

okay it is solved now.

I contacted my husband's mobile provider (koodoo) by phone and she helped me (5 hours with Apple could not help nor could this forum but Koodoo could). After trying other things she recommended a factory reset of the phone itself WITHOUT backing it up on icloud and this worked. The problem was that when I did the initial set up of the new iPhone I used the restore backup feature and it installed all the settings from a previous iPhone I had (which included somewhere hidden in the depths my husband's number set up as an international call as I had called him from a foreign country). It is resolved. Kudos to Koodoo!

logical7

yah I had done all that

You done a lot of testing, but I could not see if you had checked your Message settings:

Settings >> Messages >> iMessage ON, Send as SMS ON, MMS ON >> Send & Receive should show your PM phone number and your iCloud email address

It's also useful to click Settings >> About:  if a carrier update is offered, install it

Sometimes just turning Messages & Facetime off then on will reset everything.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

logical7

yes Dan see my follow-up comment above.

logical7

sorry imm1304 but

As described, I have deleted him from my phone contacts, from text history, from phone history, from email recent lists, and from yahoo contacts in case they are synching through the cloud. I have searched all these places for his name, his email address, and his phone numbers and everywhere deleted him. And yet when I create a new contact with a fake name and enter that phone number and then try to send a text it bounces back. I bought my phone on amazon and it is supposedly brand new but who knows. It is only texting my husband that is the problem. I can text anyone else and I can call him and I can receive texts from him. But I cannot text him.

Please provide more specific information about "factory reset", itunes restore etc. My itunes account (apple account) shows no contacts).

Dan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @logical7,

Did you try sending the text to the full format of the number, like +1XXXYYYYYYY or 0111XXXYYYYYYY. Does that work?

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @logical7!

The error code 468 indicates "unknown subscriber (recipient address problem)"

Could it be that your husband's number is saved in your address book with a space and entering his number manually is automatically pulling the contact from the address book?

Have you tried deleting the contact and then add his number as a new contact?  

What about factory reset, itunes restore, etc?  

Is your iphone originally from Sprint?  Those are known to malfunction with sms on GSM networks and there are tons of forums out there with no real solution. 

logical7

note also that I am typing his phone number 'blind' into a new text message but when I hit enter it says "maybe: myhusband'sname". Then the text bounces back and it shows that it went to his cell phone number. So it seems to be stored somewhere and yet I cannot find it anywhere. I think part of the problem might be that I called or texted him from another country using another iPhone but Apple escalated the problem to the higher level and I spent several hours on the phone witht them and they could not find the problem. But why was I able to text him from my blackberry using the same SIM?

Need Help? Let's chat.