cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANCEL ACCOUNT

Don511
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi wanting to cancel my account having a difficult time porting my existing number over and getting frustrated with lack of customer support’

Thanks Don

11 REPLIES 11

@darlicious  🙄

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Don511 

If you didn’t complete your porting. Your phone number is still with your old carrier.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS 

Lol....since the OP already seemed to be expressing their frustration at pm your post insinuates they take their frustration out on the new providers customer service so unless you wanted them to unleash on us your intent was clear.

Of course if this is an issue then may I suggest you use the link below and explain in detail your issue to the CSA....

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Ummm, ok @darlicious 

Did i specify PM wasn't? 

My response was as equally nondescript as the OP

@darlicious wrote:

@HALIMACS 

Ummm....Im pretty sure pm is the new provider.

Honest, i was wondering which way the porting going, too.. i just taking a chance.. lol

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS 

Ummm....Im pretty sure pm is the new provider.

@Don511 

Well you found the community now so we can help. Can you quickly tell us the main issue with porting your number? If you have not replied YES to the PAT(porting authorization text) within 90 minutes then we will want you to call the telus porting department in the next 5 minutes before they close for the evening.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Don511 

Perhaps focus some of that frustration towards the new provider. 

Shouldn't they have made this process seamless for you, much like the several activations I've made/assisted with friends/family over to public mobile. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

What issues you are having porting into PM?

It is straight forward: initiate port, leave OLD SIM in your phone; wait until you get porting message; reply YES within 90 minutes; done.

But if you want to cancel PM account, just remove your credit card from the file, deactivate autopay and next renewal will fail and your account will be suspended. You will have 90 days to reactivate it and if you do not reactivate it, it will be permanently cancelled.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Don511  so, you are trying to port in your number INTO PM?

if so, what was the issue?  give us more information and we can likely advise.  

Main thing, did  you get a text from your previous provider?  did you reply YES within 90 minutes?

The porting process is usually smooth as long as you didn't miss the text 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Don511  - you need your Public Mobile account to be Active (unless it is a port to Koodo or Telus) in order to port to another provider.

IS it active? What is the issue you are having?

Public Mobile representatives are called CSA and methods to reach them here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Don511 

Please send a private message to CS_Agent with your account details so they can look into this for you.

Need Help? Let's chat.