cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought the plan - Can i activate two months from now?

Uzi1334
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My current with Rogers expires two months from now.
I purchased the ongoing promotion however, wondering if i can activate my account/sim two months from now? They have already charged me $30 for the service.

7 REPLIES 7

hi @Chalupa_Batman 

no, the cycle only starts when he got the sim card and add the sim card number to complete the activation 

Uzi1334
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks everyone for taking the time and responding in such a quick manner. 
I think best is to wait till November so hope for a equally good deal or better. I will reasses and make a decision by this week. 

Thanks all!

@Chalupa_Batman  I don’t know of any time limit , but if SIM card  doesn’t arrive in 3 weeks  as we saw before  . Then contact support takes another 3 weeks to finally get one that’s almost ithe  2 month wait so two more weeks won’t matter .  then and the initially charge of the plan will take place then when they activate . The real questions becomes if better plan does come out then will support let them change to it and they would need to contact them . Or they would have to create new account with new email and then still contact support for refund on the first account . That could be the sticky part and extra work and long wait times of support during the Black Friday rush .But on the other hand it gives OP time to see if there’s is a better plan that fits their needs more . While still maintaining the plan he’s already likes and has selected . 

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @Uzi1334 

yes, you can.  What you can do is to activate and request sim card to mail to you.  Then the activation will "pause" after the payment step

you will wait til you receive the sim card (or 2 months later according to your own schedule) and then login the PM app to complete the activation

however, with Black Friday and Boxing day coming up, there should be some better deals around.  So, I suggest you not to activate now but wait, you likely will get better deals then

Just playing devils' advocate here @hTideGnow @Handy1 and @computergeek541 . Say @Uzi1334 holds off from activating the SIM card right away and waits till his Rogers contract is done, would this, in theory, charge him on the 2nd month $30 again? And at what point does the Public Mobile system say... Sorry dude, you took too long to activate your plan, your offer is no longer valid and refund the original funds?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Uzi1334 

yes, you can.  What you can do is to activate and request sim card to mail to you.  Then the activation will "pause" after the payment step

you will wait til you receive the sim card (or 2 months later according to your own schedule) and then login the PM app to complete the activation

however, with Black Friday and Boxing day coming up, there should be some better deals around.  So, I suggest you not to activate now but wait, you likely will get better deals then

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Uzi1334  Yes absolutely just download the app when your ready and activate 

@Uzi1334 wrote:

My current with Rogers expires two months from now.
I purchased the ongoing promotion however, wondering if i can activate my account/sim two months from now? They have already charged me $30 for the service.

There isn't any way to date your Public Mobile activation until a future date.  If you chose to get an eSIM, your Public Mobile plan is already active.  If you chose to have Public Mobile send a physical SIM card, your Public Mobile plan starts after you've received your SIM card and have completed the final activation steps.

Need Help? Let's chat.