cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red dot notification on iPhone

MG8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does anyone else get the red dot on their iPhone “Phone” app?  I believe it comes up when I get a voicemail, but it doesn’t always go away right away after I’ve listened to and deleted all my voicemails.  Anybody have tips on how to get rid of the red dot?  I did not have this issue with my previous provider using voicemail 

9 REPLIES 9

MG8

Sure, Thanks for the suggestion! 

MG8

Not yet!  Thanks for your suggestions.  Will try updating and rebooting 🙂 

MG8

Will give this a try! Thanks!

MG8

Thanks for this suggestion! 

toppy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@MG8 I am the same 2, even though i have both PM and Fido Sims. It only showed the red dot for the voicemail.

umnikke8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It's just the way voicemail works with Public and iPhones, not the greatest. There isn't anything particularly wrong with your phone or settings. The system just doesn't work that great.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@MG8 

There are bugs on the iOS 16 with notifications. 
Try rebooting your phone by powering it off then back on.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@MG8 wrote:

Does anyone else get the red dot on their iPhone “Phone” app?  I believe it comes up when I get a voicemail, but it doesn’t always go away right away after I’ve listened to and deleted all my voicemails.  Anybody have tips on how to get rid of the red dot?  I did not have this issue with my previous provider using voicemail 

@MG8 , it has happened to me before. Please reset network settings, reboot iPhone. Let me know if it helps please. 

Edit: I remember it also happened with an older IOS software update! Is yours updated to 16.5 yet?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@MG8 

try this

• Go to Settings > Notifications> Phone> then turn OFF Badge App button. The red dot should disappear from the phone icon.
  •  Call yourself from another phone and leave a message > Call voicemail and delete your message.
  • Go back to Settings > Notifications> Phone> then turn ON Badge App button. 

Need Help? Let's chat.