cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought a Telus Canada Voucher but it is not working

Imthewhiterabbi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I bought a 10$ Telus Canada voucher from telus (it detected my number as a telus so offered me the telus 10$ voucher). I thought that it was ok since PM is a daughter company, and so bought it, but when I put the pin down in voucher payment option, it does not work. Id appreciate any help. Thanks

21 REPLIES 21

@Imthewhiterabbi wrote:

Nah, I bought it direcly online from a crypto exchange site, which gives me 10% back, but it detected my phone as being a telus phone (which never was... I used a fido chip at first (ipad data), then switched to PM. So no Telus was never in my phone

Some of these electronic exchanges will allow returns/refunds. Or have a forum where users can buy sell trade items with each other.

You might be able to sell it at a discounted price on your local craigslist. Probably not worth the hassle, better to gift or donate it away to someone who can use it instead of letting it be wasted.

Yes the sudden need to use one of the $3 plans a lot would be a problem. It would be better to pull out the SIM card and using something else for the duration.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector wrote:

Yes, not worth the effort for sure.  But on the other hand I wouldn’t find a $10 voucher worth the effort to buy initially! Like @Anonymous @I look after legacy Telus prepaid accounts for parents and if actually buying a card or voucher as opposed to an automatic top up on my credit card, I’m in for a year at a time to keep the hassle factor low.

AE_Collector

The two mothers in my life are both on the same $3 plan with the same phone with the same usage. Independently.

One just had a nasty car accident. In the hospital for over a month. A few days in she wants top ups for her phone. I think she blew a couple hundred dollars. I tried to get the spouse to get her to use one of my 3 accounts to no avail.

But I don't look after the accounts per se.

Yes, not worth the effort for sure.  But on the other hand I wouldn’t find a $10 voucher worth the effort to buy initially! Like @Anonymous @I look after legacy Telus prepaid accounts for parents and if actually buying a card or voucher as opposed to an automatic top up on my credit card, I’m in for a year at a time to keep the hassle factor low.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector wrote:

I think that after a heads up from @LurganIeUk I may have messaged an offer at 75% off but no reply back. Being it is a $10 voucher it really isn’t worth the effort to save Just a couple of $$ unless you need one tomorrow.

The other way to think of it is how a $10 top up might not be worth the time to sell. I do agree that in general, prepaid top up vouchers usually sell for about half price when reselling.

I think that after a heads up from @LurganIeUk I may have messaged an offer at 75% off but no reply back. Being it is a $10 voucher it really isn’t worth the effort to save Just a couple of $$ unless you need one tomorrow.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LurganIeUk wrote:

be prepared to sell for 50-100% off. 

100% off!!! 😮

If the number was ported from Telus, systems will still think it is a Telus number.  If the account is closed and you don't keep the number....it will go back to Telus to reissue. 

See here, who it belongs to. http://www.cnac.ca/co_codes/co_code_status.htm

Try to sell the voucher number to some one you know or on Craigslist and be prepared to sell for 50-100% off. 

@Imthewhiterabbi wrote:

Nah, I bought it direcly online from a crypto exchange site, which gives me 10% back, but it detected my phone as being a telus phone (which never was... I used a fido chip at first (ipad data), then switched to PM. So no Telus was never in my phone

Best bet is to get a Public Mobile payment voucher either in store or on-line...then save the telus voucher for a gift to someone you know with a telus account.

If you have a Visa Debit card or credit card, you can make a payment by accessing your account / Payment.

While you're at it...you can put the cc or debit card on your account and enable Autopay to get an easy $2 off your regular plan every time your plan renews. Even if you want to use vouchers to pay...you still get the Autopay Reward as long as your card is set to Autopay.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imthewhiterabbi wrote:

So you've just had some kind of mushroom...ride it down...step away from the crypto-nonsense while you're riding it...

Go buy a voucher from a reputable, proper, legit source while your mind is moving low.

🙂

@Imthewhiterabbi wrote:

Unfortunatley, Public Mobile wouldn't be able to help with this. This is an issue between you and the company that you purchased from.  You'll need to contact them.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Imthewhiterabbi  ok than maybe it detected as Telus owns public mobile. Maybe put the Telus voucher for sale on Facebook market place and buy a public mobile voucher?

Imthewhiterabbi

BeachNBeer

@Imthewhiterabbi  not really. Was it a website that you used to buy it? I'd say the part that makes sense is if your old provider was Telus or it detected it was since Public Mobile is owned by Telus. However at the end of the day or night In this case it will not work. You can use recharge.com to buy a voucher or a credit/debit credit card to top up or go to like a Petro Canada and buy a voucher for public mobile. 

Get an on-line payment voucher at recharge.com or ding.com for fast payment.

Get a PM payment voucher...make sure it's "activated" right away as some aren't activated for several hours. Out west, London Drugs is a good option.

@Imthewhiterabbi wrote:

I bought directly from my phone and it detected the number as a Telus Canada #. Does it make any sense?

Public Mobile doesn't provide any way to do that, nor is there any detection technique.  Who did you buy from?

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Imthewhiterabbi wrote:

Hi,

I bought a 10$ Telus Canada voucher from telus (it detected my number as a telus so offered me the telus 10$ voucher). I thought that it was ok since PM is a daughter company, and so bought it, but when I put the pin down in voucher payment option, it does not work. Id appreciate any help. Thanks

You'll need a refund then get a Public Mobile voucher.

A retailer isn't going to provide a refund on a cellular top up voucher.

Imthewhiterabbi

I bought directly from my phone and it detected the number as a Telus Canada #. Does it make any sense?

@Imthewhiterabbi wrote:

Hi,

Sorry, but you bought the wrong product. Telus long distance calling cards and Telus Mobility top up cards/vouchers cannot be used at Public Mobile.  The only thing you can really do is sell or give away the Telus Mobility top up and then purchase the correct one.

BeachNBeer

It will not work you need to buy a Public Mobile voucher not Telus. You'd have to see if the place you bought it will refund you.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Imthewhiterabbi wrote:

Hi,

You'll need a refund then get a Public Mobile voucher.

Need Help? Let's chat.