cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block spam number from voicemails

Andrea121
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have already blocked a spam caller but it keeps sending voicemails still. How can I block that phone number from sending voicemails too?

5 REPLIES 5

Terryscell
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

There is a telephone tone which tells callers / computer diallers that the line is no longer in service. You can Google it, or it's on Wikipedia; "Phone line disconnected tone". I have it recorded at the beginning of my voicemail message. It doesn't work for all nuisance callers, but has reduced them. (For this particular caller to get it, you may have to unblock it first.)

@Sansan wrote:

I thought when  you block a caller they will automatically get routed to voicemail? Your phone doesn't ring and you won't get a miss call, but they are able to leave  messages.

That's what happens to me anyway when I do this.

Yes:   When a caller has been blocked at the device level, the calll would go to voicemail.  That is as designed.  My suggestion of answering and hanging up would prevent a voice message from being left, which is what the customer is asking for, but for that to work, the number can't already be blocked in the contact list/dialer app.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

I thought when  you block a caller they will automatically get routed to voicemail? Your phone doesn't ring and you won't get a miss call, but they are able to leave  messages.

That's what happens to me anyway when I do this.

@Andrea121 wrote:

I have already blocked a spam caller but it keeps sending voicemails still. How can I block that phone number from sending voicemails too?

The only way to accomnplish this while still maintaining your voicemail service would be unblock the number and the next time that number calls, answer the call from this number and hang up.  This would have be done manually for each call.  There are some apps that will do this, but some would argue that buy doing this, your call might get marked as an active phone number.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Andrea121 

sorry, there is nothing you can do to avoid blocked calls being routed to voicemail.  Unless you ready to not use voicemail at all, then you can forwarded all unanswered calls to any dummy phone numbers instead of your voicemail

Need Help? Let's chat.