Blacklisted s20fe

Bennyt88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phones been blacklisted I need to know who called it in stolen

13 REPLIES 13

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Bennyt88  did your "buddy" reply you?  is he going to straight out the issue ? or you are shopping for new phone now?

@Bennyt88 wrote:

It.was new in box my buddy got the upgrade but sold it to me as he needed some cash at the time and kept his old phone.. he may have switched providers but I am not certain as he has left the province for work elsewhere.. I have had the phone 6 months it just wouldn't connect as of thursday

Well, it sounds like your "buddy" figured he could just stop paying for his plan when he left the province before the hardware contract was paid. His hardware contract was for the phone in your possession, so they blacklisted your phone.

You'll have to do your best to get your "buddy" to settle up his bill in your province so your phone can be de-blacklisted... otherwise -- small claims court?

Left the province, needed money.. Kinda looking like there may have been some shady stuff going on and you may be left holding the bag.. Do you have a contact number for him or anyway to contact him and if so has he answered? 

@Bennyt88 

So you have confirmed that the phone is blaclisted?
https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

You will need to have your friend contact the provider they purchased it from.

@Bennyt88 you helped your buddy financially earlier and now he needs to help you back. 

Your buddy has to sort out his bill with the provider and ask them to give it off the blacklist.  No one else other than him and that provider can sort that out.  PM has no part in this and won't be able to help 

Call your buddy

Bennyt88

It.was new in box my buddy got the upgrade but sold it to me as he needed some cash at the time and kept his old phone.. he may have switched providers but I am not certain as he has left the province for work elsewhere.. I have had the phone 6 months it just wouldn't connect as of thursday

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Bennyt88 wrote:

@Bennyt88 wrote:

@Bennyt88 where did you buy the phone?  from. private sell? 

Honest, usually it is next to impossible to take it off the blacklist, unless it is just a dispute between you and the ld provider where you got the phone from and you can settle the case with them.  But if it is from private sell, you won't be able to get it off.  Check with the original seller, but I won't bet on it

@Bennyt88 wrote:

No it's was purchased outright 

Where did you purchase them?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Was it purchased new or was it used or refurbed? Was it on a contract before buying outright?

@Bennyt88 

Did you buy the phone used or new?  

Either previous owner via carrier or carrier itself can report the phone stolen.  

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Bennyt88

No it's was purchased outright 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Bennyt88 

Are these phones purchased through another carrier? You will have to contact them.

Need Help? Let's chat.