cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Friday 12GB Deal

StuRob
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am switching over to Public Mobile as a new customer. I purchased a new SIM card today, but won't receive it for 5-10 business days.

When does this promotion end?

Can I rain check on the Black Friday 12 GB for 12 Months deal until I receive my SIM card?

3 REPLIES 3

fawkes40
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ordered my card late last Wednesday and received it yesterday (in Red Deer, Alberta). I was so nervous about missing the $40 / 15 GB deal that I went that night and also bought a card in person. So now I have three SIMs. Whoops!

Turns out, this is a great week to be receiving or buying a SIM because there are so many deals right now. Even if the $40 / 15 GB is gone, there's now apparently a $35 / 20 GB for 15 months deal so how great is that?

I hope your card came today or comes soon so you can get the deal you most desire. I wish they wouldn't say 2-3 business days and then flip it to 5-10 business days once you bought it (and then it turned out to be basically 3 business days!).

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@StuRob 

Lately pm Sim cards shipped via Canada Post have been recieved in 5 business days as long as you don't live in one of the more remote areas of Canada. I would expect it to arrive on Black Friday so be prepared to activate as soon as it arrives and if you don't choose the $40/15gb plan upon activation consider immediately scheduling a change plan on next renewal to keep your options open. Keep in mind that pm runs on eastern time so expiration time/dates of promotions is 11:59:59pm eastern.

Prepare a back up plan if you don't recieve the Sim card in your mail by next Friday....find the closest telus or koodo corporate store that sells pm Sim cards. Call ahead to ensure they are in stock and their business hours so you can purchase a pm Sim card last minute if needed. Or perhaps you have a friend whose referral code you plan on using has a spare Sim card that you can replace with the one you have on order? In a real pinch you may have a community member here that also lives in your community or local area who can supply a Sim card that you can later replace. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@StuRob honest,  shipping from PM could be 5 days or sometimes even longer.   Would be best if you can buy it from local Telus or Koodo stores

Look like the deal will be good till at least Nov 27.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Black-Friday-Sale-12GB-Bonus-Data-for-1...

And a lot of the time PM will extends their promo or same promo will come back after couple weeks (like they said the $40/15Gb was a one day deal bit it is still here)  And with Christmas coming, likely they have other good deals coming

But again, if you are worry, buy another sim from a local store and activate earlier (Use a friend referral code to save $10 to offset the extra cost)

Need Help? Let's chat.