Billing

KCP
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Got double charged this month 11.30 on dec 14 2022 and Jan 12 2023

26 REPLIES 26

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@KCP 

Aha....the call centre is probably correct. Your bank made a billing error and corrected it but you don't see it on your current paper statement. You should see it online in your banks current statement/ transactions for your credit card.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@KCP 

Look closely at tbe dates of your statement and the dates of your payment. It appears as what occasionally happens where two pm 30 day plans get charged on a credit card statement in a 31 day period may not accurately reflect a payment by you. Look at your statements billing period....it's probably right at the same time as your pm plan payment or the date your credit card payment is due. Your online credit card accounts current transactions history can probably help you aline the charges correctly. If the $11.30 payment you made in December was your credit card payment for your November statement then you would still owe $22.60 on this statement. However its likely your next statement will have no pm plan payment owing.

KCP

Kk thank u all for your help . Looking into this anyone have any suggestion I appreciate it 

KCP

Auto mated voice thing said $22.60 . Lady on phone said the bank gave u credit or something but she seemed out of the country not knowing what she talking about . Told me only pay 11.30 . but I don’t trust the Phillapeana call centres  so I’m looking more into it . 

It can happen. This is a 30 day service. Say you pay on Jan 1. You will then pay again on Jan 31. And then with the way the 30 days creeps up over time I think you've coincided with your credit card statement date.

Check your new current balance.

KCP

Ok, I pay 11.30 to my CC though my back every month . This month is is 22.60 . So I see two charges for the one statement . every statement I have received has been one charge 

I think I see what you mean now. I think you need to take this up with your credit card. The charges look right. Your payment looks right. But their balance is out of whack. Maybe your statement date was right around the same time and it got confused.

If you log in to your card (or call) what balance does it give?

hi @KCP 

I checked your CC screenshot, it is $22.60, but that was 2 payments , one for Dec one for Janz so, what is the problem??  CC screenshot you posted look correct too

hi @KCP according to your payment history, it is correctly charged,

But if credit card showing $22.6, then please open ticket with Support and provide them screenshot of your credit card transactions

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

KCP

Like every month I pay 11.30 this card get charged now it’s 22.60 that all I’m seeing .

hi @KCP you didn't got charged twice, they broke the $15 charges in 2 lines, $10 and $5.  PM does this to everyone, break the monthly charge into 2 lines

Where are you seeing twice? I see Nov 14 autopay took $10. Dec 14 took $10, Jan 13 took $10.

The only odd thing I see is the Jan 12 datestamp on your credit card. But I don't think I'd worry about it.

KCP

So why is it charge twice 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Normal. I see no problem here.

Adding - sorry...other than the peculiar datestamp of the 12th on your credit card.

KCP

So it’s normal or an mistake 

KCP

0C26826B-4ECB-473C-B235-C152DB8CCFAC.jpeg

KCP

F30E3BB8-E7CF-42DF-8E5B-1B58256A8882.png

3A75C9A5-4309-454B-9CA0-7953FB4D2844.jpeg

KCP

If this pic helps 

10EFB11F-AFD4-4EFF-8122-64D84563F75D.jpeg

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Or it could just be a typo?

@dust2dust wrote:

This month?? The 12th seems a little odd though. It should have been the 13th if the prior 14th is correct.

So what's the deal?

Yeah, @dust2dust , that is 29 days. Funny when I put those days in the calcular I use I actually entered jan. 13 as the end date=30. But it should have been 12.

@KCP are you looking at the credit card statement where is shows Transaction Date in one column and Posting Date on another maybe?

Example from mine:

esjliv_0-1674853816983.png

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@KCP 

Can you show us a screenshot of your payment history for the past 90 days? That will help us figure out what's going on?

KCP

No been with long time 2 yr My account on auto pay so every month I get charged 11.30 this one came at 22.60 so I would like to know what is going on 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

This month?? The 12th seems a little odd though. It should have been the 13th if the prior 14th is correct.

So what's the deal?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @KCP 

did you got double charges on BOTH dec 14 2022 and Jan 12 2023?

you activated in Oct or Nov?   

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@KCP  Check self serve first and see if you have a credit in payment tab 

edit @esjliv  makes sense to me 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@KCP - plans are 30 days here not monthly. So, that would be why.

Need Help? Let's chat.