cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing increased by $5.60 per month

Yipster8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My billing went up from 11.20 to $16.80 since May.  I thought I contacted someone to straighten it out but was not fixed.  I tried calling again and the person gave my 2 phone numbers that did not work.  I went to a Telus store and they told me they cannot help me.  I have been with your company since December 2020.

Hope this can be resolved.

Yipster8

4 REPLIES 4

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Yipster8 

I’m guessing you are on the $15 plan, which costs $15 plus tax.

Rewards are no longer automatically deducted as monetary savings. They have converted them to “public points”, which users must manually convert to money off ones bill or other add ons as desired.

EDIT: as @computergeek541  basically already wrote 🙂

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@Yipster8 click on the link below to educate yourself more.

There are links within the article to open.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Upcoming-Changes-to-our-Old-Rewards-Pro...

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Correct. No more credit every 30 days if you have referrals, loyalty bonus and autopay.

Everybody is on points and you can convert them to dollars after you collect 15 and more.

@Yipster8 wrote:

My billing went up from 11.20 to $16.80 since May.  I thought I contacted someone to straighten it out but was not fixed.  I tried calling again and the person gave my 2 phone numbers that did not work.  I went to a Telus store and they told me they cannot help me.  I have been with your company since December 2020.

Public Mobile does not have any plans that costs $11.20 (tax included).  $16.80 is the correct amount to be charged for a $15 plan assuming a 12 total sales tax rate.  Please remember that being charged $11.20 tax included was the result of credits for rewards.  The rewards program was changed a few months ago. There are no longer any discounts given automatically, and any bill credits that you're eligible for need to be manually requested through the My Rewards portal.

Need Help? Let's chat.