cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bell Landline

thetoope73
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just found out I can not receive calls from any Bell landline to my Public Mobile cell phone. Message says "due to technical difficult we are unable to route your call."

15 REPLIES 15

thetoope73

After 4 months it magically worked. Then 3 days later someone from Public Mobile called to  confirmed that it did work. 

so yes, we currently we do receive calls from Bell landlines. 

Pey82ton2

Our bell landline that won’t work is a party line (phone line split between 2-4 homes each having own ring for receiving calls). The neighbours have a private bell line and it works fine from their phone. 

Pey82ton2

No. Ever since they introduced 5g something changed. We aren’t opening the cottage for another month so won’t know if it’s been resolved until then but as of November it still didn’t work. 

Martin2118
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Did you ever figure out how to resolve this issue  the exact same situation is happening with me?

@thetoope73 wrote:

Same thing, their SIM in our phone it works, my SIM in their phone it doesn't. I wonder if I port my number to  new a SIM card.

You could definitely try a new SIM card, though that sucks because it would incur that $10 cost to buy one. Though it wouldn't be "porting" it would just be a "Change SIM Card Number" done in the self-serve portal under Profile.

Another thing I'm wondering is regarding the recent changes in the Public Mobile network to support VoLTE. Not all phone support it, and not all accounts have had the feature enabled, even if the phone does support it. If you have access to "working phones" and "working SIM's" I'd do some test calls to see if your phones stay on LTE when placing a call - if they do, then they are fully onboard with VoLTE (Phone supports it, and Public Mobile has it enabled on the account). Maybe your phone supports VoLTE since it's working with your Kid's SIM, but maybe Public Mobile hasn't yet got to enabling VoLTE on your account, and somehow there is a difference in call routing in that case.

@Pey82ton2 

was your PM line (the one Bell Party line cannot call)  ever with Bell (or Lucky or Virgin)?

Honest it sound to me a Bell issue, possibly the call from Bell never leave the Bell network, hence next reach PM.  I think you need to push Bell to escalate

Also, is your conditional forwarding not functioning now? (seems for most of us , conditional forwarding was broken since VoLTE came). If the forwarding works, you can try to forward your line to another number, any carrier, and see if it works. But likely sane 

thetoope73

Same thing, their SIM in our phone it works, my SIM in their phone it doesn't. I wonder if I port my number to  new a SIM card.

@thetoope73 wrote:

The Bell landline can call my kids Public mobile phones with no issue. It is just our number, I tried the sim card in another phone and it is the same issue with Bell. 

Oh interesting. What if you try your SIM card in your kids phones then?

thetoope73

The Bell landline can call my kids Public mobile phones with no issue. It is just our number, I tried the sim card in another phone and it is the same issue with Bell. 

Pey82ton2

We can’t receive calls from a Bell Party Line (1 line split between 4 houses). We’ve tried 7 public mobile numbers on 3G and 4g service. Also one of the public mobile numbers used to be a bell land line number at one time and doesn’t work. When the cottage tries to call out to public mobile they get a fast busy. All other carriers we tried work fine including Telus. We can’t figure out the problem. But the private bell line next door was able to call public mobile numbers. I’ve contacted cs_agent and they said it’s a bell issue. Bell is saying nothing is wrong.  The other party lines down the road can not call public mobile either as we’ve asked to try their phones.  Very annoying as we don’t get cell service at the cottage so depend on bell being able to connect as our whole immediate family is with public. 
Everything worked fine in the fall and did not work when the cottage was reopened this summer. It’s a pain to have to drive to where we can connect with our cell phones just to make a call because bell and public mobile are having an issue communicating.

Although we can call the bell line from our public mobile phones no problem so we are very confused. 

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@thetoope73 wrote:

I just found out I can not receive calls from any Bell landline to my Public Mobile cell phone. Message says "due to technical difficult we are unable to route your call."

In this case I am also curious if the bell landline in question can call any other Public Mobile numbers? You might also want to try putting your Public Mobile SIM into another phone and have them try calling again just to rule-out if your phone has a part in rejecting the calls.

Secondly, do you know anyone else using Public Mobile that the caller can test calling? If you don't know anyone you could send me a private message and I can tell you my own number they can try to call if you like...

@thetoope73 - 2 years now and just having an issue from a Bell landline? Can any other Public Mobile number receive calls from this Bell landline? If yes, than on the phone with the issue, try:

• restarting your phone
  • reset the network settings

The message sounds like a network issue, rather than account related, but who knows.. Can this Public Mobile number receive from other cell or landline providers without issue?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

That, indeed is unusual. Perhaps contact the customer support agent and ask them to re-provision your account, specifically advising them of the issue in doing so.

Use option 2 below, there seems to be less issues with that

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 

2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

thetoope73

We did move from but that was about 2 years plus ago. Bell says it is a Public Mobile issue.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

That indeed is unusual — especially if it’s just from Bell land lines.

By any chance, have you recently moved to Public Mobile and perhaps the porting of your number from another provider is not yet complete?

If you have recently ported, and that could be the issue, I can provide you a number by private message to contact the porting department.

Need Help? Let's chat.