cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Badges Earning Secret

shahestates
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is there detailed anywhere that explains how to get the badges? There is a nice chart with percentages but what does one do to get those percentages? Basically I wanna figure it out that What community activity is weighting more than other one and what activity will be the easiest to earn the monthly community $ rewards.

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

chainsawcowboy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@shahestates 

Well would you look at that....coincidence? I just became a Great Citizen!

chainsawcowboy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@shahestates 

I try to pop in once or twice a week. Sometimes I need help and after I look around a bit I will ask my question. I mostly just catch up on any thing new or answer the odd question if I know the answer bravo a few posts that kind of thing and it has gotten me a buck off my bill mostly.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Just click on user profiles to see all the badges, their descriptors are usually obvious.

BADGES!BADGES!

Bubba
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Dont know, never knew. 

Even the rewards now seem impossible to attain, compared to what it used to be. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@shahestates 

I would say if you practice the three "R's" reading, writing and remembering you will be able to earn the big "R" Rewards. Like school..... if you attend the public mobile community college on a regular basis in order to learn 5 days a week then you can achieve your goal. The more you read posts and threads, research topics  in the library (help articles) or pose questions or put key words in the search bar to find solutions with the green check marks the more knowledge you will retain and you will be able to answer the questions asked by others.

Along the way as you post  your questions, your opinion or share your own experiences  you will also want to bravo other posts that you like, that you learn from, that help others, that make you laugh or you agree with and others will bravo yours when you give the correct answer, understand your mistakes, acknowledge your errors and correct them and appreciate the efforts of others. You choose solutions to your questions once you give  members time to answer and eventually your replies will earn solutions.

Don't take the easy way out and immediately respond contact customer support and here's how That's what Simple--Simon is here for....the community's purpose is to help customers to learn how to manage their own service and self serve accounts without the help of the CSA's. The CSA's are here to perform duties in our accounts that involve sensitive personal information or monetary matters that can't be fixed by us. Learn how to spot  how an issue can be resolved to know when a CSA  must intervene because only they can access pm back end systems and customer accounts.

Reading/writing/remembering = posts/bravos/solutions =  badges/thank-yous/rewards

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@shahestates Honest, badge are just for fun and make you happy   🙂

It doesn't really mean much.  You will earn many badges easily in the beginning when you first start Community.  You will earn these badges:

1 /5-/10 bravos earned,

1 / 10/ 25 Bravos given,

1 / 3 / 5 Topic 

1 /2/ 3 Accepted Solution

1 / 10/ 25 Reply

Then from that point , there are actually no more badges other than the Top X % for the month.  Those are the badges that tie with community reward of the month

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Somebody mentioned (few times) you will earn more money if on garbage/recycling  day you walk around neighbourhood and collect empty bottles.

With a little effort $1/$2 reward could be attained helping others.

The most important achievement will be 'feel good' and learning how things at PM work.

Badges (good neighbour, mayor) are just ego thing showing others how long some members are here and how much help they provide(d).

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@shahestates wrote:

What community activity is weighting more than other one and what activity will be the easiest to earn the monthly community $ rewards.

Question is:

- Do you want to participate in Community in order to HELP others or

- Do you want to participate in Community in order to earn money?

If it is the former, all kudos to you!

If it is the later, you are for big disappointment!

- You would have to have thorough knowledge of Public Mobile plans, how payments work, account maintenance, etc., etc.

- You would have to spend a LOT of time on line to be First to answer questions (correctly!) and (secretly beg) hope your answer will be accepted as solution.

Being here is not a point to earn money but to help others.

@shahestates 

The badges are just for show.  Badges do not directly nfluence any rewards.  For example, a mayor does not get a monthly community reward unless the member participates every month for the community reward. 

Personally, I won't not worry about getting badges.  The more time you spend on the community with more bravoes/solutions, you will slowly build up your badges.  

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

The badges( mayor new in Town etc) have nothing to do with rewards. They are automatic based on activity level .

Community rewards is a secret formula, based on factors including posts Bravo's given/ received solutions and not sure what else.

It's easy to get the 1/$2 rewards. The higher up ones require lots of time in the forum .  Often it's said it's easier and more profitable to find and return empty pop cans than to get the higher rewards levels.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

In short, it's not known publically. My advice is not to figure out the formula because that can lead to abuse/gaming the system (not suggesting you'll do that, but the temptation would be there). Just post help as needed because you want to help the community and any rewards are gravy.

Need Help? Let's chat.