cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay issue

Justin_M
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I recently received an email stating that something was wrong with my Autopay renewal, and therefore, my account was deemed to be suspended, However, with Autopay, I received a notification informing me that I paid for the monthly plan yesterday. Is it possible to address this situation because it was alarming in my email feed.

202 REPLIES 202

meetjoeblack73
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you, I tried calling the number and it does not ring though it just disconnects and does not go to voicemail. This was from a dual sim phone though. In the meantime, I will try to dial it some other way. I can call out though.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@meetjoeblack73 

Maybe ask a friend to call you from another line to confirm. It's weird that you wouldn't be getting calls but would be able to make them. Could be a device-related issue.

0PX9O4

@meetjoeblack73 

You can ignore the email if your services are working. Erroneous notices went out to lots of people starting yesterday.

From your post it sounds like you can still make calls from your phone? If so, your service is active.

meetjoeblack73

I received an email this morning stating my account was suspended as payment was not successful; however, when I log into the account and look at my cc, it was successful. When I call my number there is just a pause and then it disconnects. However, if I phone the voicemail I can connect

MrSnide

I got this email overnight as well. Checked my CC, payment went through. Checked my PM account and payment was recorded. Phone still works. Glad to see that it was an error. A little unnerving though...

A message on the main community page would help.

@Clair it is not scam.  PM does email customers,  especially for account suspension.  But this time, it was a glitch and sent out to innocent subscribers..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Clair : Not a scam. Just a substantial error on their part. Just ignore it if your services are working.

Clair

Same thing here. Got a text from PublicMobile that payment has been applied to my account, then the next day received an email from Public Mobile Service saying that something was wrong with AutoPay and that service will be suspended. I did not click on the link of course. Checked my PublicMobile account and everything looked fine. Checked my credit card account and the payment went through as usual.

Question is: is this a scam attempt? Does PublicMobile emails its customers, versus uses texting 611? Beware!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sdandrews 

if you display expired or suspended messages on your self-service and your services are running, simply ignore,

all customers receive this message the day before the renewal day.

on the date on which the cycle payment will be renewed automatically.

something in the system email is being sent to all clients ... just ignore ,,

sdandrews

Thanks

@sdandrews 

Yes,   PM a system glitch yesterday and accidentialy sent to many people an email that their account was suspended,.

If your phone is working, Self-serve My Account is showing statuis Active, then just ignore the message.

sdandrews

I received a message that my account has been suspended. You took payment on my credit card on Jan. 11, 2022. I have made no changes of any kind. I also received the notice from you Sunday Jan. 9, 2022 that my plan was successfully renewed, so what is the problem? 

hfeldbrand

thanks

BeachNBeer

@hfeldbrand 

Public Mobile had a system glitch yesterday and incorrectly sent people an email that their account was suspended. If your phone is working, account is active, you've been charged..Just ignore message.

Sorry for the inconveniences this may have caused you.

hfeldbrand

I got the same message, anyone?

okellyki

Just a glitch! If you've paid, you're all good 🙂

BeachNBeer

@w-2638  Public Mobile had a system glitch yesterday and incorrectly sent people an email that their account was suspended. If your phone is working, account is active, you've been charged..Just ignore message.

Sorry for the inconveniences this may have caused you.

w-2638

I received an email on 2022.jan.11 from Public Mobile with the above headline.   It says "your account has been suspended".   

I just signed on to my account and confirmed that my account status is "Active".   My transaction history shows that my payment (auto payment) is perfectly up-to-date.   My credit card transaction was also confirmed by my credit card payment records.

What else do I need to do to get this fixed ?

MagieduLac

That's exactly what I did.  I paid without first checking if my credit card had been charged as usual.  A bit annoying !

maxpower

Agreed, how difficult is it to send a follow up email, technical errors do happen but to say that sometimes the system does this and to ignore it is not owning up to the issue, even if PM is a budget provider.  This wasted an hour of my time yesterday and I also put additional money on my account just in case.

worrow

Perhaps Public Mobile should send out an email to their customers regarding this matter apologizing for the error. There’s no reason it should only have been answered in this chat. I’m sure many people ended up paying out of concern when they didn’t need to as they already paid…..me included.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It was erroneously legitimate. Just ignore it.

jchow1

I got an email today saying my account has been suspended and I needed to reactivate it by making a payment.  But my phone is still working.  Is that a legitimate email or a spam?

@skarza wrote:

I don't know if I received a hoax email.  I got notification that my credit card payment did not process - and I checked my credit card and account - they are both correct.  I also made ANOTHER payment.

I tried to submit a ticket - I created a community account  and I have NO  PIN - and I can't create one.

How do you do this?  There is no option to speak to a person or leave an email.  This type of customer service is ... well... archaic and does not work.

The extra payment will stay in your Public Mobile account to be used for the next renewal.  As for your account PIN number, that isn't needed for opening a ticket.  It's simply given as an option for opening a ticket if you don't know your Self Serve login informaiton. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@skarza : First of all...the email was sent in error. If your services are working then ignore it.

You created your PIN when you activated. And if you keep stuff like I do then it also gets texted from 611.

The "email" option (called private message) is under the envelope icon next to your heart avatar. Click on that and click on the little pencil thingy icon and then type in CS_Agent in the To box and tell your story.

But again...today was an error day. Ignore it.

skarza

I don't know if I received a hoax email.  I got notification that my credit card payment did not process - and I checked my credit card and account - they are both correct.  I also made ANOTHER payment.

I tried to submit a ticket - I created a community account  and I have NO  PIN - and I can't create one.

How do you do this?  There is no option to speak to a person or leave an email.  This type of customer service is ... well... archaic and does not work.

Help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonwoh : It was sent in error. Just ignore it.

jonwoh

Hi, I received an email saying that I have missed a payment and need to do a manual payment. I checked and payment was completed on Jan 9th already with no issue. Please look into it for me. Thanks. 

@judy_liu05 wrote:

I got an email today that something went wrong with my autopay renewal. My credit card is fine and nothing changed. Please check for me. Thanks.

This e-mail message was mistakenly sent out to some Public Mobile customers on Tuesday.  There's nothing to be concerned about if your service still works.

judy_liu05

I got an email today that something went wrong with my autopay renewal. My credit card is fine and nothing changed. Please check for me. Thanks.

Need Help? Let's chat.