cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay issue - can't update credit card

fluffypuff
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I have been paying my phone bill with autopay for years now. The credit card that is on file is expiring soon, so I wanted to update my credit card information. However, I keep getting an error message: 

Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, your credit card transaction was denied by your card issuer, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged. Please contact your card issuer for more information.

I have tried using a different browser. I have tried logging out and logging back in. I have tried clicking the button to replace my credit card information. I have tried removing autopay and then adding a new credit card. I even called my credit card issuer to see what was up and they confirmed that there is NO block on my credit card, so the transaction should not be denied. In fact, I even tried to add 3 other valid credit cards, and all were denied. 

Does anyone know how I can solve this problem and update my autopay? Is this a Public Mobile website issue?

Thank you in advance.
8 REPLIES 8

@fluffypuff 

Yippee! I am glad to have helped! Follow the first part of that method whenever you plan to make any changes within your account it just avoids those dang error messages.

fluffypuff

Thank you all for your help! I have finally been successful in updating my autopay!

@fluffypuff 

Take this under advisement when you try to update your credit card...

When you update your credit card follow this method to avoid errors/messages......

1. Reboot your device.
  2. Clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode in firefox, chrome or safari.
  3. Choose replace card rather than remove card.
  4. Copy your address from your billing statement.
  5. Add your apt/unit/suite # to the street address. ie. 101-123 1ST AVE W, CITY, PROV.
  6. Do not put a space in the postal code. X0X0X0 not X0X 0X0.
  7. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.
  8. Do not use autofill. Type everything manually.

Once you successfully update your card then try a test payment of $1 to make sure it works. Or better yet just top up your account to cover your next renewal.

Do not try more than two attempts at adding a card or payments ( successful or not) or you will continue to get this message. Wait at least 1 hour to try a third time another hour for your 5th try....and so on....and do not make more than 4 unsuccessful tries with the same card in a 24 hour period or you will trigger a fraud alert lock out requiring assistance from the moderators. You may have already triggered the fraud alert however give the above method the old college try before contacting the moderators. You may want to check your official Canada post address compared to your billing statement address as subtle differences can be the issue like when you have a direction in the street address ( north, east, south, west.) 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@fluffypuff 

Wait an hour, clear cache and cookies, open incognito page, try again.

If that should fail, rinse & repeat same process with another payment card.

Remember to use manage my card, entirely remove the existing card, then entirely add the new payment card.

Good luck!!!

fluffypuff

Yes, it's the same credit card number, same billing address, just new expiry date and CVV2. I will wait a bit, as another poster suggested, and try again tomorrow. If no luck still, I will reach out to support to open a ticket. Thank you!

fluffypuff

Thanks for the suggestions. I did try incognito and I tried clearing the cookies. My address is correct and matches my account and my credit card address. I also made sure not to add the unit number as others had suggested in previous posts. I shall wait a bit and perhaps try again tomorrow. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@fluffypuff 

This website is finicky.  Might want to wait one hour and try again.  

Maybe try a different device. Clear cache or incognito mode.  

Make sure the address exactly matches your banking/credit card address.  

@fluffypuff wrote:

Hi there,

I have been paying my phone bill with autopay for years now. The credit card that is on file is expiring soon, so I wanted to update my credit card information. However, I keep getting an error message: 

Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, your credit card transaction was denied by your card issuer, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged. Please contact your card issuer for more information.

I have tried using a different browser. I have tried logging out and logging back in. I have tried clicking the button to replace my credit card information. I have tried removing autopay and then adding a new credit card. I even called my credit card issuer to see what was up and they confirmed that there is NO block on my credit card, so the transaction should not be denied. In fact, I even tried to add 3 other valid credit cards, and all were denied. 

Does anyone know how I can solve this problem and update my autopay? Is this a Public Mobile website issue?

Does this new card have the same number and same billing informaiton as the old one? Ensure that the billing address matches. Also double check the expiry date and security code, although I know those things are rather obvious to have already checked. I am thinking that at this point because you tried to add a card a few times, that Public Mobile's systems may have activivated a security alert for your account for repeated credit card attempts. I would suggest openning a ticket to see if that is the case: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Need Help? Let's chat.