cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay instruction

Y-Kong
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My credit card provider needs an instruction from Public Mobile showing "recurring debit" for monthly payment for my cell phone. 

How can I pass this message to Public Mobile?

10 REPLIES 10

@Y-Kong 

Setting up AutoPay means that you earn $2 every 30 days!
To set up AutoPay, sign in to your Self-Serve account, select the ‘Payment’ tab, then ‘Register for AutoPay’. From here, you can sign up for AutoPay or remove the feature, if you no longer want payments to automatically occur. If you would like to change the card that is automatically charged, scroll to the bottom of the ‘Payment’ tab, then select ‘Manage my card’. This will allow you to update or remove your credit or Visa Debit card.

2Capture.PNG

Two options are available: "Replace this credit card" and "Remove this credit card"
Use "Replace this credit card" to update the CC info

If you're having trouble registering or updating your credit card, here are a few tips you can try: 

1. Make sure the billing information you entered is exactly as shown on your credit card statement.
    2. Do not include any apartment/condo/suite numbers, and do not enter any special characters or abbreviations in the address line.

Hope this helps!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Y-Kong , recurring payments apply to postpaid services.  Public Mobile is prepaid.  To get the same outcome, just go to the payment tab of the self serve and enable auto pay.  

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Y-Kong I wouldn't rely on auto-pay,it's caused tons of issues on here... resulting in suspended services and not being able to reactivate using the same credit card. 

If I were you I would just make it a practice to manually pay a few days ahead of your renewal date. sometimes the auto pay doesn't work correctly and it won't subtract funds from your credit/bank account. you will still qualify for the $2 auto pay reward. 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 1.04.19 PM.png

@Y-Kong wrote:

My credit card provider needs an instruction from Public Mobile showing "recurring debit" for monthly payment for my cell phone. 

Speak with Simon in the bottom right corner just follow the prompts I wrote in the boxes. You can also ask your question you proposed here to start so the moderator sees what you are asking for.

Good luck and thanks for being part of the community!

Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 1.04.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 1.04.49 PM.png

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Y-Kong  Unfortunately that won't be possible with Public Mobile because they are strictly a prepaid provider and recurring billing is not supported.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Y-Kong wrote:

Public Mobile is not a recurring debit place. I think it's because it's 30 days, not a month like most recurring debit places.

So as above with setting up autopay.

@Y-Kong Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on "Account specific question" and  "No I want a human" and "Submit a ticket Click me!")
Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there. Once it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing allows the process to continue.
If you need to, you can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email. Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Stay safe.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Submit a ticket by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Y-Kong wrote:

Log into My Account / Payment...You can add your credit card info and select autopay for each renewal.

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

please click the question mark on bottom right corner speak with a moderator, they will be able to provide information need.All the best.

Need Help? Let's chat.