cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoPay

FrancisGirodat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Signed up in May 2022 and was told that I would get a credit each month for doing it

misled by counter agent it seems

resolution?

12 REPLIES 12

FrancisGirodat

Sadly this is the first time I attempted to clarify 

I signed up May 22!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @FrancisGirodat you didn't really lost $1.25.  The old rewards system and the $2 discount was not there when you joined.  PM has already introduced the rewards almost a year ago from today.   

I understand you are not saving as much, but you still get some discount staying with PM.  Cheer up 

@FrancisGirodat   You're automatically enrolled in the Public Points (no choice) as of Jan. 25th/2022 but you can opt out of the Points system but then would receive nothing back for bill payments or add-on purchases and cannot opt back into the points again either.  So while not as generous as the old rewards, it's better than nothing.

FrancisGirodat

yes seems the confusion is my loss $1.25 per month

@FrancisGirodat yup, no one can join the old rewards system any more.  For us we are in, we still have it.  But if we ever opt for the new system, we cannot go back too

FrancisGirodat

Is my only recourse to accept the new program or is there extenuating circumstance ? 

@FrancisGirodat you joined late 😞

but still every year on your anniversary, you will get 10 points, =$10.  So, staying with PM will still save you some money compare with other tier 3's $15 plan, not as much as before but still a saving

FrancisGirodat

$0.75 seems like a let down to me when I was obviously misled

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@FrancisGirodat any activation after Jan 25, 2022 will be on the new rewards system and no longer getting $2 Autopay discount.  Instead, you will get 5% back in Public Points for all spending with PM.  Collect for 15 points and you can redeem for $15 bill credit 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@FrancisGirodat 

as of 1 year ago, the old Rewards program was scrapped for new customers...you now have the newer Points program. You cannot get back to Rewards

Seems like counter agent was giving you old intel..

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/Public-Points-Rewards

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@FrancisGirodat    If you have accumulated 15 points to date, then login to your Rewards portal and you will be able to redeem for an account credit to use against the next payment, however, anything less than 15 points can only be used to purchase an add-on depending on the number of points you have available.

edit:  sorry, but if you activated after Jan. 25th/2022 then you would be on new Public Points and not be eligible for the autopay discount.  There is some confusion as PM has not removed some old information pertaining to autopay.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@FrancisGirodat  Sign into your rewards portal and you can redeem thee points towards your bill or add on 15 points =$15 of bill 

edit auto pay is for old rewards system 

Need Help? Let's chat.