cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-pay transaction question

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hello, 

I received a new credit card in the mail since my previous card was expiring. I activated my new card but forward to update the expiry date on this website so the payment was passed on the same card but using the previous expiry date. Can I expect the transaction to still go through?

If not, how can I determine if the transaction did not go through properly?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

Justin21
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sorry  I just checked it now to see if it is the same as I knew it, and you are right. As soon as you enter a new card it will become the new registered card and automatically deletes the old card.  Theres no need to delete old credit/debit cards infos on file. It's a good improvement indeed.

Justin21

I logged in using my pc then went ahead to the payments section. We couldnt update the expiry date on our current active card so we had to delete the old one to avoid confusion. It maybe true as what Computergeek 541 that it is no longer offered anymore. It's been a while already.

@Justin21 wrote:

I diagree with you. It did happened to me and my wife We had to delete our old payment just because of the expiry date issues. We had mutiple payments on file if that helps. Im talking about about personal experience.

It must be a different scenario you are talking about.

Sorry, but there is no longer an option to delete a card.  There used to be, but that option is no longer offered.

@Justin21 wrote:

I diagree with you. It did happened to me and my wife We had to delete our old payment

@Justin21 

how you delete your old payment ?

Justin21

I diagree with you. It did happened to me and my wife We had to delete our old payment just because of the expiry date issues. We had mutiple payments on file if that helps. Im talking about about personal experience.

It must be a different scenario you are talking about.

@Justin21 wrote:

You have to update the credit card. Best thing to do is to delete the payment on your old card and enter the new one. Just make sure auto pay is on. If the transaction did not go through, usually you will get a warning message from public mobile about your failed payment or either your service will be cut without any warning at all. Both thing happened to me

The above isn't accurate. Public Mobiel doesn't customer any way to delete the old card without contact a customer support agent.  Either way, while there isn't any way for the customer to delete the old card before updating to the new one, there's also no need to.

Justin21

You have to update the credit card. Best thing to do is to delete the payment on your old card and enter the new one. Just make sure auto pay is on. If the transaction did not go through, usually you will get a warning message from public mobile about your failed payment or either your service will be cut without any warning at all. Both thing happened to me.

UPDATE: Just checked this out now and no longer works. Deleting old card on file is no longer necessary. As soon as you enter a new card it will become the new registered card and automatically deletes the old card on file. Sometimes it helps when someone diasgrees with you so you can doulble check the current facts lol

Kay_88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

No , I don't think so.

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I will verify the transaction via my credit card account. Thanks for the tip

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Andy85 

Can you check your banking statement to see whether Public mobile transaction sent through?  Sometimes the bank will allow transaction with recent expired date.  

Is your account status active?  If active, the transaction went through. 

This website is finicky.  You can try again to replace the credit card on file.  Maybe try a different web browser, clear cache or incognito mode.  Even try a different device. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Andy85 , your transaction will have failed if the expiry date is incorrectly logged in the system.  Please update and do a manual renewal.  

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Andy85 

Looking at your bank statements do you see any pending transactions from Public Mobile? If the payment didn’t go through you would lose service on your device and your account would tell you that it has been suspended. You not having service on your device will be the biggest sign as the account suspended error does come up while the renewal process is taking place.

Need Help? Let's chat.