cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Australia not included in International addon

errational
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just purchased the $15 international talk addon only to find I still can't call Australia with my PM phone. The list of available countries is not shown on the order page (I think this is a little disingenuous).

What are my options here? I now have 400 extra LD minutes I don't need! (already have 200 Can/US).

12 REPLIES 12

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Fongo

If you install Fongo on your smartphone (which I assume you have since you are on this forum), international rates to Australia are 0.03-0.21/minute depending on the code you are calling. The vast majority is 3cents. No changes needed for anyone down under.

https://account.fongo.com/calling/long-distance/

@xCameron94x Tie them up and tell us the public mobile LD quality.Heart

@MoreYummy we had a very awkward breakup Smiley Embarassed They were only friends aha

@xCameron94x Oh, you cut your tie with all your distance relatives/friends. Smiley LOL

@MEU_21 no i actually do not. I never make phone calls outside of my province to begin with. Everyone i know is inside Canada, let alone Ontario. A while ago I had friends in the United States and even Australia I met long ago online. We used skype on the computer. Not everything has to used on phones these days

Was only trying to make a suggestion. 16 apps is a little bit excessive

MEU_21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

xCameron94x wrote: "You could also use whatsapp or skype to call people for free. This is why I could see more countries not being added to these long distance/international add ons."

As I have said before, I am tech savvy enough to know all this, but it does not help anyone else in my family circle who are not tech savvy.

Also, you do realize, that internationally there are a mirriad of voip and other app software, like skype, whatsapp, viber, fongo, MagicJack, Yak, blah blah blah, whichever is more prevelant in that part of the world - assuming that your international contacts even have a data plan, let alone a smartphone. My grand-grand-grandma on the south pole doesn't even have cell reception. Do you have 16 voip apps running at the same time on your phone?

You could also use whatsapp or skype to call people for free. This is why I could see more countries not being added to these long distance/international add ons. The internet and all of these apps can do these things for free. Its a great alternative, just uses data/wifi

MEU_21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yup, not just Australia. 210 of 220+ countries are not included - in essence alienating the immigrant / international demographic - which is a pretty big niche in a country like Canada.

Time to update the list the Long distance addon.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The list of international countries supported is buried in the community forum.  It should be self contained in the add-on page.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Calling-an-international-phone-number/td...

Sorry to hear about that. As shawnc13 mentioned how to contact mod follow that. More likely they will offer you pm credit which you can use for future renewal or for purchasing add-on. As far I know they don't offer credit refund back to cc.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@errational, sorry to hear about this.  I would contact a MOD and explain.  Hopefully they will give a refund or credit to sit in your available funds.

Here is the link for Contacting our Community Moderators.  When you click on the link a new page will open up and you will see a list of Community Moderators.  Choose one name *they will all have access to the message* and then click send message with as much information listed below.

* PM account email address
* SIM card number(if available)
* PM phone number
* Detailed explanation
Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am(EST) to 9pm(EST) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(EST) to 5:30pm(EST)

Make sure you have your notifications for private messages turned on and you can do that here

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.