cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No talk plan with international calling add-on

ulovebass
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hi. I just want to make sure of this before purchase the SIM.

I'm currently using PM and really happy with it.
my mother in law will come from S.Korea and stay 3 month this summer, so I think PM's 90 day plan is best fit for her.

my question is...
she is going to use only data and calling back to Korea.
is it possible to buy data only plan (no talk,no text) and buy international calling add-on?
or do I have to buy voice plan to add-on international calling?

If I buy data only plan, I will get the phone number or not?

Thanks in advance!!

4 REPLIES 4

Long distance add-ons are useless without a voice plan.  Those add-ons only cover the long distsance portion of the call, and since you won't have a voice plan at all, you can't call out to anywhere.

You won't be able to get a long distance if you don't have a voice plan. Whatelse you can do just get a data plan and then use third party app for calling like Facebook messenger Skype or other one. You only need data plan to use third party app.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

you could also check out fido 15$/month 2gb data ( if still available)  and use voip like fongo.com

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

As the name implies, the add-on is a complementary feature to a base plan.  So you can't add-on long distance when the base plan has no calling.  All plans come with a number even if it doesn't have calling or text.

Need Help? Let's chat.