cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ZenFone 3 Laser - Internet APN Change - Help

RKR
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Guys, 

I got a great new cheap phone today(Zenfone 3 Laser) but the internet wasn't working. I found a post on line to change the APN to the specs below. 

It seems to be now working, but I just wanted to make sure I didnt mess anything up or use the wrong information that may end up costin me a fortune or making the phone work inefficiently. 

Thank you for your time in advance. 

Screen Shot 2017-02-04 at 9.24.07 PM.png

14 REPLIES 14

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I would try factory resetting your phone.  A lot of android users had trouble getting data unless they factory reset their phone (myself included).

eddyhsupm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Dear all:

I have a brand new Asus Zenfone 3 ZS570KL 6G/64G model cell phone which was bought from Taiwan, it seems the internet data not working on Public Mobil system. Before I purchased it, I checked the frequency that is good to Phblic Mobil, but however, it is not working at all.

Talking and text message is okay only the internet not working. There are two default providers shows in the APN setup which are Koodo and Telus, and the available network search shows only Public Mobil 3G on the list.

Followed the community topic method to add a new Public Mobil APN and delete the other 2 default APN, I can see the Public Mobil 4G shows in the networking list.

Eventhough, both setup would not let the internet working.

Could someone show me the way to solve this problem?

Thank you!

Sherry87

Different radio frequency check the imei 

Sherry87

I have the same phone only reason mine is not working is cause I don't have data added 

domenicocortez
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@wimenp

you have multiple firmware from Asus that support differents bands.  You need WW firmware for north america, JP for japan or CN for china.  Maybe you dont have 3G for public mobile

How to know the device software version?
Path: Settings->About-> software information->Build number

RKR

Hello, you might want to get a new sim. They come with adjustible sizing and it will definitely fit.

(:

dohadotahmed
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
@wimenp
You don't need to do the APN settings for your talk and text. APN settings is needed for data and MMS to work.
Assuming your phone is unlocked and supposed to work on pm network. Try to do the following
1. Turn off your phone.
2. Take your SIM off from the SIM card try and insert it again to make sure that sim inserted properly.
3. Turn on your phone.
4. It will find the pm network automatically.
5. If your phone doesn't recognize the network then try to search the network manually
Go to settings....mobile network...network search....search manually.
Wait for 2 mins to finish the search. Once it finish the search you will see a list of networks
6. Select the public mobile LTE
If everything fails then probably your phone is locked or not going to support pm frequency.

@wimenp That setting is good.  Is your phone unlock or compatible with public mobile network to begin with?   Some over sea version might not work.

wimenp

Dear RKR,

I noticed that you have an Asus Zenfone 3 Laser. I just bought Asus Zenfone 3 in Singapore ( I live in Toronto), unlocked, but unfortunately my Public Mobile SIM card does not work with it. Did you need to adjust anything when you first inserted the SIM card? I tried to set the APN just like what you did, but still not working. I checked the IMEI number at PM website, and found OK. 

Thank you.

regards, Paul Wimenta 5 Feb 2017

RKR

Perfect. I appreciate you clarifying that for me!

@RKR wrote:

It seems to be now working, but I just wanted to make sure I didnt mess anything up or use the wrong information that may end up costin me a fortune

Public Mobile doesn't have any pay-per-use charges for anything.  There isn't anything you can mess up with an APN that could possibly make anything cost extra.  Your data will either work or it won't.

dohadotahmed
Good night...sleep tight!!!

RKR

Thank you for the quick response. I will sleep with one less worry tonight (:

dohadotahmed
Hi @RKR
Yes everything looks alright. Can you test your mms please just to make sure. Thanks.
Need Help? Let's chat.