cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assistance required to transfer account to new phone from lost or stolen device.

ScottK
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have lost my phone.  I am unable to login to my Public Mobile account as I do not have my phone for two factor authentication.  I have created a new e-mail so that I can log in and get a CSA to assist me in

1.  marking my lost phone as lost.

2.  activating my replacement phone and replacement SIM that I have ready on to my original account.  Remember I can not sign in to my original account, as I do not have my lost phone.

Thank you,

Scott 

7 REPLIES 7

ScottK

This worked.  Thank you for your help.

Scott

@ScottK , if you use the resend 2FA option you will be offered a choice to receive it on email. 

colleeno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ScottK Why did you have to create a new email address? As long as you can log into your original email account from some other device, you can receive the code.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@ScottK 

You can still use your registered email and click on Forgot Password.

If that failed then you will need the assistance of a CS_Agent to help you login to your account.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

colleeno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Try a few times and you should get the option to send the code to your email address.

ScottK

It will not let me log in.  2 factor verification is sent to my lost iphone.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ScottK , you do not need to activate a new account to replace the SIM card after a lost phone incident.  Simply login the account and have the system resend the 2FA code to email.  Once you get into the account, you can go the profile tab and change the SIM card to the new one, insert SIM card into new phone and that's it. 

Need Help? Let's chat.