cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Area Code

whistlerp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

New customer here. Trying to get the area code (604) for Vancouver but all I am offered is (236) and (672). How can I speak to customer service to get that area code?

I have already tried changing the number several times using the pull down menus and the area code I want is not available.

8 REPLIES 8

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

I have a penchant for choosing 403 numbers at activation from RockyMountainHouse you can get some 0007, 0008 etc....numbers. I had a referral give up an awesome 604 212 number in exchange for a new area code that ended with.....0666.....lol!

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@dabr wrote:

Anyway, I was more thinking along the lines that since PM has nationwide calling, it doesn't matter as much anymore to have a local number,  However, Sechelt is probably the better option for OP to get a 604 area code number if that is important.

Yeah, for the bulk of practical use, this is irrelevant since the PM subscriber has nationwide calling - it's only a consideration for accommodating the occasional/rare chance of someone or a business with a local-calling-only landline to reach you without incurring long distance, or able to complete the call at all if their line is restricted from making LD calls. You would want to pick a number from an area where you might receive those types of calls...

But if a 604 number is the priority over receiving calls from Abbotsford, then a Sechelt # is the way to go. ✔️

@darlicious   Nezgar has already posted that Aldergrove is essentially local calling for anyone in Vancouver+ and Abbotsford, which is how I remember friends in Abbotsford mentioning long time ago that they would often get an Aldergrove cell number just for that reason.   Apparently getting an Abbotsford number will only provide local calling with neighbouring Mission and Aldergrove.

Anyway, I was more thinking along the lines that since PM has nationwide calling, it doesn't matter as much anymore to have a local number,  However, Sechelt is probably the better option for OP to get a 604 area code number if that is important.

@darlicious wrote:

Chilliwack and Aldergrove are not completely local for the lower mainland if that's important to the OP.

😄

Aldergrove is considered a local call from most of the lower mainland, but not Abbotsford. Though Aldergrove has the useful distinction of being a local call from BOTH most of the lower mainland AND from Abbotsford.

Check out the nitty-gritty here, which shows all 25 exchanges that can call Aldergrove as a local call:

https://localcallingguide.com/lca_exch.php?dir=2&exch=015060

And for completeness, since you made the good suggestion of grabbing a Sechelt number, here are the 24 exchanges that can call Sechelt as a local call:

https://localcallingguide.com/lca_exch.php?dir=2&exch=017400

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dabr 

Chilliwack and Aldergrove are not completely local for the lower mainland if that's important to the OP.

@whistlerp 

There are several sequential phone numbers with 989 if you have a family member or a business number that you want to pair with your number. There is at least one sequential set under 212. I spied a couple right up my alley....1812 and 1912.....lol....I like my referrals to only be one misdial away from one another!📱☎️📲😄

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@whistlerp    You could also try Aldergrove or Chilliwack to get the 604 area code, although they seem to pop up less often than before.  Just keep refreshing the number list too.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@whistlerp...

no customer service to speak to here...just the Community Forum to guide you along and provide direction.

I suggest you check early tomorrow morning...sometimes new numbers come up then.

...but it really makes no diff nowadays;... everyone has Canada wide calling without tolls to different area codes.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@whistlerp 

Go to SECHELT. It's still local but has 604 numbers.....I lean towards the 212 numbers.

Need Help? Let's chat.