cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you allowed to have more than one username for Community per account?

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just curious.  Thanks 

41 REPLIES 41

Zyl

@softech wrote:

@Zyl   It could be hard for PM to restrict multiple Community accounts or restrict who can or who cannot create an account there.

Community is a place where current Public Mobile subscribers ask question and open ticket with PM.  However, it also allow non-subscribers, who could be potential customers, to ask pre-activation question.  So, PM actually welcome EVERYONE to create an account to join, even without a current PM subscription.  Unfortunately, because PM welcomes everyone, spammer also come here occasionally to make the marketing posts or messages here.   

Ok so instead of restricting community accounts, perhaps what Public Mobile can do is to restrict the Private Message function for non-existing user accounts i.e. anyone whose email address is NOT tied to a user account at Public Mobile to only Customer Service of Public Mobile and no one else so that way, anybody who visits the Public Mobile Community forum can still create Community accounts to post on the forum here and also send Private Messages but they would only be able to Private Message Customer Service of Public Mobile for them to ask any questions regarding Public Mobile's products/services.  I think it would greatly curtail spamming via private messages since the spammers wouldn't reach anyone except the Customer Service of Public Mobile.  And at the same time in case if someone really does have some genuine questions that they would like to ask Customer Service of Public Mobile before signing up, after posting on the community forum, they can still do so.    And it would also make us, existing users to be able to block off spammers more easily since only existing customers of Public Mobile would be able to Private Message each other and if they choose to spam, then they can just be put on "Ignore".  

Marketing and anti-spam all in one shot.  I hope Public Mobile can consider this and hopefully they might have already thought of this and implemented this in the upcoming changes to the Community forum?  🤗

@Zyl   It could be hard for PM to restrict multiple Community accounts or restrict who can or who cannot create an account there.

Community is a place where current Public Mobile subscribers ask question and open ticket with PM.  However, it also allow non-subscribers, who could be potential customers, to ask pre-activation question.  So, PM actually welcome EVERYONE to create an account to join, even without a current PM subscription.  Unfortunately, because PM welcomes everyone, spammer also come here occasionally to make the marketing posts or messages here.   

Zyl

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Zyl 

Public Mobile forcing only customers to post in this message forum is extemely unlikeky.  This site is a marketing tool and restricring its use to current customer would prevent potential customers from participating.

Ok didn't know that this community forum that is basically for its users is also a marketing tool for Public Mobile.  Thought its ads all over Google for both the web and cellphones as well as its website would be sufficient for marketing purposes.  LOL  And didn't think its users expressing concerns about spamming stemming from the abuse of multiple community accounts would be positive marketing for Public Mobile anyway.  That's why I thought I suggest it might be in the best interest of Public Mobile to perhaps ban the usage of multiple community accounts to curtail spamming which is not generating any benefits to Public Mobile.   

Anyway just my 2 cents. 

@Zyl wrote:

Considering there is no effective way to block out spammers since they can just create potentially unlimited amount of new community accounts just for spamming purposes, wouldn't only allowing one community account per user account be an effective way to curtail spamming since now we just need to ignore this one community account and additional ones for the same user account would not be allowed?  I would imagine the possibility of creating multiple user accounts would be a less likely scenario for spamming since they would have to pay for additional SIM cards?

Public Mobile forcing only customers to post in this message forum is extemely unlikeky.  This site is a marketing tool and restricring its use to current customer would prevent potential customers from participating.

Zyl

Since there is an incentive for somebody to create additional community accounts for spamming purposes as @Yummy has confirmed and what I have suspected, would Public Mobile consider banning multiple community accounts since they serve no purpose in terms of community-earning and even for managing multiple user accounts but can be abused for spamming purposes?  Considering there is no effective way to block out spammers since they can just create potentially unlimited amount of new community accounts just for spamming purposes, wouldn't only allowing one community account per user account be an effective way to curtail spamming since now we just need to ignore this one community account and additional ones for the same user account would not be allowed?  I would imagine the possibility of creating multiple user accounts would be a less likely scenario for spamming since they would have to pay for additional SIM cards?  I mean this would benefit Public Mobile as well since this would potentially increase higher revenue for Public Mobile now that spammers would have to actually pay in order to spam.  🙂

Thanks everybody for confirming that you can only get one community account for reward-earning purposes. 

@Zyl 

Well when they used to have regular contests around here then if you had more than one pm account then you might want to have a community account for each account to enter contests. But those seem to be a thing of the past.....alas....

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Zyl 

There is no need to create more than 1 community account.

I have 1 community account to manage 8 PM accounts for my family members.  When I need to create a support ticket for one PM account, I just use the username and password for that PM account to verify the ownership of that account.  Remembering 8 username and password pairs is hard enough.  I don't want to remember another 8 pairs for the community accounts.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Technically - yes. You can have as many Community accounts as you want. That is how SPAMers annoy us as Anybody can create Community account and post, send private message, etc.

BUT, multiple comm accounts have no purpose unless somebody has some sinister goal(s).

Idea of having ONE Comm account (created with same email as your PM account) is to participate here in a positive way and earn points which somehow get transformed to your Comm reward.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

The answer is 'no', @Zyl 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Zyl It really depends on what you will use the 2nd account for. If it is to help your family members to get support from CSA agent, I don't see anything wrong with creating a new account. If you will use 2 accounts to provide support and potentially game the system to earn rewards, that would be against the ToS. 

EDIT: I think i totally misunderstood the question. But the above info is useful. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Zyl wrote:

Just curious.  Thanks 

@Zyl   

One username for one Community Account.  In case you need to change Username , you will have to open ticket with PM and PM support to help to change

Also, one Community account  linked to one Self-Serve Account (linked by having same email address)

Of course, you can use another email address to create a 2nd Community account , but if that email address is not linked to any Self-Serve , then reward earned would be be able to award to the Self-Serve My Account

Need Help? Let's chat.