cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App

kas
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I searched on the Google Play store and did not see one and I searched on here and noticed that it was suggested on here since 2015.  I would imagine it's just named something differently and I'm having trouble finding it.  

16 REPLIES 16

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mimmo wrote:

@MrMonk what app featutes are you looking for?

For data tracking use data witness

For community make a shortcut to your home screen. For self serve ditto.

Some people use hermit app as a pseudo app wrapper.

@MrMonk here's more info on using Hermit as a wrapper [on an Android phone], if you're curious:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Very-Partial-workaround-for-lack-of-P...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo

@MrMonk what app featutes are you looking for?

For data tracking use data witness

For community make a shortcut to your home screen. For self serve ditto.

Some people use hermit app as a pseudo app wrapper.

popping

@MrMonk wrote:

It’s a shame that in this day of Cell phones, iPads, Androids, 🍏 and the like there is going to be no PM app. I for one would love this!

PM is a low budget provider.  They cut down the frills and charge lower fee.

MrMonk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It’s a shame that in this day of Cell phones, iPads, Androids, 🍏 and the like there is going to be no PM app. I for one would love this!

Yes, Data Witness developed by a Community member: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/IWIK-s-quot-Data-Witness-quot-for-And....

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

kas

Yeah exactly.  I matched that other app suggested and tested it with my phone's data usage and it seems to be pretty accurate in that sense.  

sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
I haven't tried the other app suggested. Seems to have more downloads than data witness pm. And i being able to track USA add on is a nice extra feature. I might try it myself.
I used data witness PM as it has been the most suggested I've seen and worked for my needs.

I seem to recall Data witness pm was done by someone in community for public mobile as the 90 day period was unusual. Which might explain the 'pm'.

kas

Is it better than the other app that's being suggested?  I saw a bad review on Google Play for the other one

sbreakin

Oh i should add that Data Witness is an Android app.  Works really well & i used it regularly for first 3 -4 months to keep track of data.

Nothing simillar for IOS that i've read since i joined but could use the phones monthly plan set to 4 Gb (or 1/3 of your 90 day data plan) to give you an idea if you are running a little over/ under.

I sure appreciate the 90 day period - that way if go over one month (or rather 30 days) - then can ease up the next..  but even adding some streaming music & occassional youtube I haven't hit max yet.  

PS if you do use lots - there's no "surprise" overage charge - data just stops & you get to decide to use wifi or pay for an add on (which are $30 for 1Gb - which is more than our plan cost but same as Koodo pre-paid i think).

Vanterax

The app I use is My Data Manager.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobidia.android.mdm

It's easy to set a cycle that matches your plan and so far it's been pretty accurate.  I like that I can enable a US roaming addon on it whenever I purchase one.  You just need to start it on the day of your travel.

Not a problem @kas
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

kas

That is perfect!  Exactly what I needed to know.

I m been using my data management my renewal like in 3 days still have 3.6gb left.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

sbreakin
Yep i also read that Koodo was ending their app.
Too bad as app's tend to be easier to read/ see info versus browsers. But i have read pro & con for both.

I set up a shortcut on my phone screen that takes me to the PM in Chrome browser. 
I suppose could open CHrome & then use a bookmark but just a bit quicker with shortcut.

If you want to track data over 90 days - which is not a normal option for most phone data info  there is an app called Data Witness which you can set to 12 Gb every 90 day periods (with your start date).
I use data witness & my phones (Android) data function set to 4Gb monthly although to be honest I rarely check them these days as haven't come close to using 12Gb of data.
[Edit to add link to Data WItness app but reminded to add from @vanterex below with his app suggestion]

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iwik.datawitnesspm

mimmo
It likley wont have one as koodo is stopping their app soon

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
Sorry public mobile doesn't have any app as of yet.
Need Help? Let's chat.