cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App and website crashing when trying to create a new account

Anamili
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

I've bought a sim card and when I try to create a new account the app crashes after entering my new login information. I tried to use the website, but an error message (error XXX) always appears after trying to log in.  

6 REPLIES 6

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'd also recommend only doing Activations from Beginning to end on the Public Mobile App no matter what, it has alot less issues.

The website always proves difficult for Activations, taking you to the App halfway through anyhow.

@Anamili  Check out this thread a A+ member put this together for new activations have a look see if you’re missing a step or not . Courtesy of @Priority 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/e-SIM-Activation/td-p/1020154

@Anamili 

can you try to use another email and try activate with that?

But before doing to, pleae do the following

1. uninstall the app first
  2. clear browser cache of the default browser used on your phone
  3. reboot the phone 
  4. reinstall the app
  5. try activate again using another email address to create new account and try activate with that

Anamili
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried both things, and none worked. The site still shows the same error message and the app just restarts every time I try to log in.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Anamili , earlier there were issues with login.  There's an announcement about the issue which has been reported as resolved.  Perhaps try again now. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Anamili  It’s best to do it start to finish in the app now , uninstall the app and re install it and try again or even in another device and you should be good 

Need Help? Let's chat.