cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to stop this specific, useless text?

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It's literally faster to call 611 to quickly check when your next payment is due or balance, rather than waiting for the new nightmare site to load - but don't want to block as useful things do come from this number as well

(I know I can, thank you text message. But I don't want to.)

Screenshot_20221001-185046_Phone~01.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

@will13am hmm yeah that's no good. Comes right from 611, the same one that reminds of payments and such. That's the bit I want to keep, but I don't need the other. I'll get the odd message about a deal or inviting friends from different short codes, but this is from 611 direct

My skin is pretty thick with this kind of stuff.  The delete message button is pretty handy and I am not afraid to use it.  

HI @Pawprints1986   I have set to mute this contact.

honest, I wouldn't say it is useless. If I got a text saying someone called and I did not do it, I would check.  But yes, it's better to have a choice to enable/disable it

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@will13am hmm yeah that's no good. Comes right from 611, the same one that reminds of payments and such. That's the bit I want to keep, but I don't need the other. I'll get the odd message about a deal or inviting friends from different short codes, but this is from 611 direct

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Pawprints1986 

ikr. it's super annoying...

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Not really unless you add that number to your contacts and then block it.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Pawprints1986 , try replying with unsubscribe.  It will block everything from that short code.  No way to filter specific messages.

Need Help? Let's chat.