Any things ADD ON for INDIA ROMMING

Other offering $10 a day 

4 REPLIES 4

jadugar
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

thanks for help i try fingo app and some time no ring main problam sms text 

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'm not sure you'll be able to keep using your number as normal while in India. Some thoughts:

• Install and setup Fongo and forward your PM number to it and get a local SIM in India and let Fongo use its data (or local wifi) - this way because of the forwarding people calling your PM number will reach you via Fongo.
  • The Hangouts Dialer (if you are using Android, not sure if available for IOS) will let you use your number to call out but I think only to Canada and the US.
  • No real easy solution for SMS, you'll need to use something like FB Messenger or WhatsApp.

Honestly, I'd suggest just forwarding your PM calls to Fongo and have it set to send you email when you get a voice message and using a local SIM for calling out and SMS. Public Mobile just doesn't have an international roaming feature.

(If you decide to use Fongo make sure it's working first and that you set your call forwarding BEFORE you leave Canada)

jadugar
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

if i got local sim it well be defrent number ! i like to keep same number

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

WYSIWYG.  There are no roaming add-ons other than for the US.  BTW, it should be a whole lot cheaper to buy a local service.  I can't imagine other countries being more third world than Canada when it comes to cellular offerings. 

Need Help? Let's chat.