Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another offer for 6GB for $40

Civic_E
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Received this text:

IMG_3395.JPG

For me

Pro: Fall Promo will not increase any time soon, pre-paid so i have control over the bill and data rollover. Extra 2GB does not help much or makes no difference since I am on wifi most of the time.

Cons: Post-paid, unwanted extra bill, no data rollover and might increase price. Getting a phone on TAB is virtually signing up for a contract. Koodo does a hard check on your credit line which stays as open credit!

45 REPLIES 45

financialguy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I see the referral as $50 each side, but your point is made. Thanks for the SIM info.

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sbreakinwrote:

@Wonder_whywrote:

@Civic_E nope,I was on 5GB/$40

Realy, I'll have to call in again.  I just migrated a few days ago to the 5G/$40 plan & tried calling in shortly after these text/ threads showed up here (~1pm?).
But the chap I talked to, took a minute to look things up & wouldn't let me change. He sounded like he read from a script.

Say did you have to pay the $10 account change fee?  & have you had your first bill as I understand they can't make 2 changes in one cycle

If PM & Koodo had good customer service they would just change those of us that changed already as you know we will hear about the new 6 plan.  Save us the hassle of calling in & operators from having to make changes.

Or just make this the offer to start with.  Heck, 4Gb / $40 was not really even as good as PM's $120/12G due to flexibility. 

And once I get my ability to send referrals working properly I'd gladly offer help or links to others.  I've put my pro & con on here a few times & this new plan gives Koodo plan bonus marks vs flexibility. 

Call again - I got upgraded on my first call so it seems to depend on the rep involved and, I suspect, how busy they are at the time.

@Wonder_why: If you care to pursue it that $10 fee is only supposed to be for changes they do for you that you should be able to do yourself via Self-Serve - since changing to 6GB is not available from Self-Serve they shouldn't have charged you (I didn't get charged).

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@sbreakinwrote:

@Wonder_whywrote:

Realy, I'll have to call in again.  I just migrated a few days ago to the 5G/$40 plan & tried calling in shortly after these text/ threads showed up here (~1pm?).
But the chap I talked to, took a minute to look things up & wouldn't let me change. He sounded like he read from a script.

Say did you have to pay the $10 account change fee?  & have you had your first bill as I understand they can't make 2 changes in one cycle

If PM & Koodo had good customer service they would just change those of us that changed already as you know we will hear about the new 6 plan.  Save us the hassle of calling in & operators from having to make changes.

Or just make this the offer to start with.  Heck, 4Gb / $40 was not really even as good as PM's $120/12G due to flexibility. 

And once I get my ability to send referrals working properly I'd gladly offer help or links to others.  I've put my pro & con on here a few times & this new plan gives Koodo plan bonus marks vs flexibility. 

@sbreakin yes you have to call again,is worth it for 1 extra GB Data but you have to pay $10 for the fee 

sbreakin

@Wonder_whywrote:

mtfolks

Probably because that’s just how their packaging works on their system. 

ckl

@Wonder_whywrote:

@Civic_E thanks for the info, I just call Koodo reps and there gave me $40/6GB happy like he'll 😃😃😃😃Screenshot_20180306-154828.png

This is confusing me. Why would they put "unlimited canada-wide anytime minutes" and "unlimited canada-wide family calling" as two separate features? "unlimited canada-wide anytime minutes" is unlimited... canada-wide...anytime... regardless of who you're calling.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CalvinWwrote:

Still waiting on the text

@CalvinW if you're on the fall promo plan (sorry, hard to remember who is and isn't), then you shouldn't have to wait.  I haven't received the latest text yet and it still took the GOKOODO406GB code for me that @kav2001c posted on his thread.  Also one of my colleagues used it today, and I don't think he'd gotten the latest text yet either.  (He's also on the 2016 fall promo, I referred him to PM back then).

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

smp99

@Civic_Ewrote:

@kav2001cwrote:

Don't need too

Wipe out rewards is far easier

@Civic_Ewrote:

@kirenneraise prices? I don't think PM will attempt to do that anymore at this point for Fall Promo Plan

I agree.

Anyway what is March 15th anyway! I mean why this date for deadline? It's a very short notice for people to react. Why not keep it open forever until you are an active PM customer!

Ides of March - Beware Caesar

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@financialguywrote:

Did you get charged $15 for a SIM card? My better half is on Koodo, I was hoping to scoop a referral credit too.

@financialguy yes.  However, at $100 migration bonus plus $100 referral bonus for you and $100 referral bonus for your better half, you're probably still pretty far ahead.  Plus you could still try to call in and ask them to apply the PM-SIM-0 to credit your account back the $15 after the fact.  I'm not sure if I'll bother but might try after getting my SIM and completing the process.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

financialguy

Did you get charged $15 for a SIM card? My better half is on Koodo, I was hoping to scoop a referral credit too.

CalvinW

Still waiting on the text

Wonder_why

Civic_E

@Wonder_whyso you were on $40/4GB plan?

Civic_E

@canucks4lifehahahaha

@canucks4lifewrote:

@Civic_Ewrote:

At least PM didn't say "Switch now or else we will increase your price"  this time.

More like get off our LTE network while you still can Cat LOL

canucks4life

@Civic_Ewrote:

At least PM didn't say "Switch now or else we will increase your price"  this time.

More like get off our LTE network while you still can Cat LOL

Wonder_why

@Civic_E thanks for the info, I just call Koodo reps and there gave me $40/6GB happy like he'll 😃😃😃😃Screenshot_20180306-154828.png

Screenshot_20180306-154813.png

@Civic_E trying to load up Koodo so Q1 looks more successful in next earnings call?

Or make it so most people do not get / use rewards on Public?

@Civic_Ewrote:

I agree.

Anyway what is March 15th anyway! I mean why this date for deadline? It's a very short notice for people to react. Why not keep it open forever until you are an active PM customer!

kirenne
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Civic_Ewrote:

@kirennewrote:

Is this something they've threatened before? I've never received anything saying that prices would increase until today (indirectly through koodo). 

Yes Feb 15th they sent a text stating $10/30day price increase or move to Koodo for same price.

Sounds like I just didn't get that text then - that must be what Koodo is referring to, I got an offer in early Feb and another a couple of weeks ago. 

Civic_E

@kav2001cwrote:

Don't need too

@Civic_Ewrote:

@kirenneraise prices? I don't think PM will attempt to do that anymore at this point for Fall Promo Plan

I agree.

@kirenne only postpaid requires pre-notification under CCTS

Most providers do notify for prepay as a courtesy

Because you PREPAY you can never be surprised

Up to you if you are willing to pay whatever the rate is

kirenne

@Civic_E That's what I'm curious about - they can't just raise my plan price without informing me, can they? I'm wondering if Koodo was lying about that to get me to make the switch. 

Civic_E

@kirennewrote:

Is this something they've threatened before? I've never received anything saying that prices would increase until today (indirectly through koodo). 

Yes Feb 15th they sent a text stating $10/30day price increase or move to Koodo for same price.

Don't need too

@Civic_Ewrote:

Civic_E

@kirennewrote:

I also got this text (along with another last month). My biggest concern is that today I also received a voicemail from my local 'koodo' saying that they know I received a text from PM about a promotion and that I should come in and take advantage of it before March 15 because as I "may have heard" PM will be raising prices.

I never got a text saying that PM was raising prices... so this is a huge red flag for me? What is going on? 

kirenne

Civic_E

kirenne

I also got this text (along with another last month). My biggest concern is that today I also received a voicemail from my local 'koodo' saying that they know I received a text from PM about a promotion and that I should come in and take advantage of it before March 15 because as I "may have heard" PM will be raising prices.

I never got a text saying that PM was raising prices... so this is a huge red flag for me? What is going on? 

@youbme its quieter over here but the issue is lots of what broke could not be fixed

I mentioned above, I need to email mods constantly for monthly manual intervention these days

I am sure many people are in same boat with me and have secret backroom deal plans going on

Too much happened during Fall Promo days

mr2115

Honestly, I think it's just streamlining what they have. A prepaid service is not something they can make money off as well as a post paid model. For me, PM was really good becasue it's a no frills brand and I'm a no frills phone user.My only turning point to leave and I hope I'm not given any schtick about it, I need a statement at the end of the month as my employer has a byod policy and I can expense my bill. I didn't like the fact that you have to request a bill/statement and it needs to be generated and takes 30 days. I have this option now with Koodo. My bill will be in total $2.37 a month/$7 every three months more (was on the $120/90 plan) but not having to wait on for the bill 30 days after I've paid and being able to expense it EOM is worth that.  

I think it's personally a shame for those who rely on the effective pricepoint of the service; they don't need all the bells and whistles just for their phone to work. Some can't afford or choose not to pay the ridiculous rates that mobile carriers charge. I hope those on here who rely on PM and their plans are able to keep going and it isn't something that is taken away from the users anytime soon or the monthly rate goes up to the point it becomes unaffordable. 

Martianmaster

Yeah im looking to switch. I went with my friend who switched and koodo said i wasnt in their system. Is there anyone i can contact

Need Help? Let's chat.