Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another offer for 6GB for $40

Civic_E
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Received this text:

IMG_3395.JPG

For me

Pro: Fall Promo will not increase any time soon, pre-paid so i have control over the bill and data rollover. Extra 2GB does not help much or makes no difference since I am on wifi most of the time.

Cons: Post-paid, unwanted extra bill, no data rollover and might increase price. Getting a phone on TAB is virtually signing up for a contract. Koodo does a hard check on your credit line which stays as open credit!

45 REPLIES 45

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@fathomwrote:

Considering Koodo just increased the plans price by $5, I would not be surprised if this $40/6G will become $45/6G soon.

Call me crazy, I'll switch when they drop to $35/4G or even better $30/3G since I never use up the 12G.

Exactly the same for me, and probably the majority of PM users. The attraction for me was a simple phone service with sufficient data for basic usage. I get the sense that Telus would prefer to keep PM as the lower-data options service provider, while migrating the higher usage customers to Koodo and Telus in the future...but who knows what they're actually thinking other than $$$$$$$

Civic_E

@fathom

IMO with wifi easily accessible everywhere nowdays you don't really need all that extra gigs

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kav2001cwrote:

More potential value for overages, hardware (they call it a tab but its still a contract) 

Plus I think they want to cut down over here (eg hire less mods)

Before Fall Promo it was very quiet in terms of service requests etc

Now many users (incl yours truly) require manual monthly intervention

Takes time and money

@Civic_Ewrote:

One question still remains...why Does TELUS want us to move to KOODO?

@kav2001c, spot on!

I've got love for the Fall 2016 promo customers, but boy did things change around here after that wave of subscriptions...way beyond the capacity of PM. Arguably, things have calmed down since, but I imagine that the powers-that-be would prefer to keep PM a small niche low data usage segment.

fathom

Considering Koodo just increased the plans price by $5, I would not be surprised if this $40/6G will become $45/6G soon.

Call me crazy, I'll switch when they drop to $35/4G or even better $30/3G since I never use up the 12G.

More potential value for overages, hardware (they call it a tab but its still a contract) 

Plus I think they want to cut down over here (eg hire less mods)

Before Fall Promo it was very quiet in terms of service requests etc

Now many users (incl yours truly) require manual monthly intervention

Takes time and money

@Civic_Ewrote:

Civic_E

@mr2115

@mr2115wrote:

I just got it and gave in. I liked what PM offered but 6 GB and unlimited national calling for $45.20 a month, that's too good to pass up. Thank you to the mods and those of you who have asked and answered questions on here. Hope you all are able to keep you plans and TELUS doesn't do anything drastic to the PM community and users. 

Civic_E

@Martianmasterwrote:

Still havent got the text but my buddy who has same plan as me (2016 Fall) did. Should i be worried?

@MartianmasterNo you shouldn't be worried unless you want to switch.

Civic_E

@Wonder_whywrote:

Can I cancel $40/5GB and take this offer ? 😃😃😃😃😃

Today I learned my home internet service provider has a new promo where they are giving 3 months bill credit for new customers only. I signed up with them a week before they introduced the promo. So i called them and asked if they would credit my account. They said no we can't do that, its only for new customers. Then I asked them to cancel my current account and set up a new account. Now i am a "new" customer to them.

I am just surprised that instead of giving me a credit they are willing pay for old modem return postage, have a service tech come in and do installation with another new modem. Funny!

For PM its the oposite (normal) if you are an old customer you get more benefit.

So I will wait till they offer 10GB for $40 to switch Koodo.

Martianmaster
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Still havent got the text but my buddy who has same plan as me (2016 Fall) did. Should i be worried?

sbreakin

Thanks for posting the image.

It's a real code/ offer as I saw the other thread & tried it out on my wife's account which is still here.

Now if there was good customer service they would just switch all of us that move some of our accounts over rather than having us all call in & hope the rep will be able to switch.

I don't think they'll be any offers below $40 but hey things are going crazy.

I might just leave one account here & see what happens as I already moved my account over to Kood & obviously that wasn't the best deal.  ANyway, what's up with these offers & secret BPO codes.

mr2115
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just got it and gave in. I liked what PM offered but 6 GB and unlimited national calling for $45.20 a month, that's too good to pass up. Thank you to the mods and those of you who have asked and answered questions on here. Hope you all are able to keep you plans and TELUS doesn't do anything drastic to the PM community and users. 

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Can I cancel $40/5GB and take this offer ? 😃😃😃😃😃

Civic_E

@kav2001chmmm...i am suprised i got this code! My account is brand new with the Fall Promo 2016. If you have the fall promo then you are special.

kingstonian
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just got the same text...

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

I already posted this in my thread but shhh

Lots of haters doubt this code exists because they are not special enough to get them *cough* @torontokris *cough*

Need Help? Let's chat.