cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert when on can/us plan

Ohnokiki
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My mother in law has a Canada us plan (just got it) she isn’t able to receive msgs. And received this notice. What setting does she need to enable so that she is properly connected? 

Ohnokiki_0-1707436451794.jpeg

7 REPLIES 7

CPatel

She has to switch to T-Mobile network manually to get better connectivity.

hi @Ohnokiki 

i see her connecting to Verizon.  Make sure she change it to T-Mobile or AT&T.  Test both and see which one works

Ohnokiki

@hTideGnow  She said she only received msgs once she hit her hotel and WiFi. Is there a setting she is missing? 

Ohnokiki_0-1707440124690.jpeg

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Ohnokiki 

if they have the Canada / US plan they can simply ignore that message.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Ohnokiki if she has Canada-US plan, she can ignore the message, this is a default one send to every PM customer when in US

Just make sure the roaming data is turned on.  

And since you got this message, she should have already connected to one of the T-Mobile and AT&T network.  Test data and text and voice call again

if not working, connect to the other network (Tmobile or AT&T) and test 

@Ohnokiki wrote:

My mother in law has a Canada us plan (just got it) she isn’t able to receive msgs. And received this notice. What setting does she need to enable so that she is properly connected? 

Ohnokiki_0-1707436451794.jpeg

There's nothing that needs to be enabled. This text messages gets sent by Public Mobile as soon as a U.S. wireless/cellular network has been connected to even if you already have a roaming add-on or a plan that includes service in the U.S.

Need Help? Let's chat.