cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent wanting a lot of info prove who I am

Jaml
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Been talking to an agent. Is it normal that they need : a picture of a government issued ID,  a picture of my credit card, A picture of a document with  my address and something called BAN. I'm not comfortable with giving out all that

19 REPLIES 19

Oh definitely that's an easy fix then, @Jaml 

You might wish to request that the customer support agents 'credit' your account for any prior costs you may have incurred, and they may accommodate that request.

Especially if you paid, but didn't receive any associated services.  🙂

Jaml

It was less than a month and I never got to use it

So, how OLD was your old account and number @Jaml ?   And was it on the legacy reward program?

Certainly getting a new SIM and number is a 'fix', however it's simply starting over.

If you were on the old reward program, your rewards were superior to what Public Mobile offers currently by way of rewards.

If you were only a customer for 2 years or less, then it's kinda a 'fix' if you're fine with not having your prior number.

Jaml

Thanks to all of you for your help.( hope you all can see this). It turns out that all I need to do is get a new Sim and number and I'll be good to go. My old account and number will not be charged anymore.

That first agent may have gone home from their shift. Each case is assigned to an agent. If that agent is no longer available due to shift changes, then it's assigned to another.

Last week I went through 4 agents for one issue. Go figure.

Jaml

I've written back and said I wasn't comfortable with sending the additional info. Is it possible to dm a particular ca_agent. I would like to talk with the first one that replied? 

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jaml 

Yes, you could be talking to multiple agents on the same thread.

Jaml

Is it normal to talk to 2 ca_agents on the same topic?

Hollister

@Jaml 

I would write back and say you do not feel comfortable sending personal documentation. Verify your information by sending her your account number, name on account, address on account, sim number, last 4 digits of credit card, pin and last payment date. That should be sufficient.

Jaml

Yes I did

@Jaml 

@Jaml wrote:

Yes it is a cs_agent Maria_G

Looks like Maria_G is indeed a customer service agent.  

What is the reasoning behind all that information needed?  You could message back that you feel uncomfortable giving all that information.  Or you could send some of the photos with the important information blacked out.  

Jaml

Yes it is a cs_agent Maria_G

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Jaml 

Also keep in mind that the name on your account can be any name you like as there’s no contract for prepaid service. So proof of  picture ID is somewhat redundant. Like others ask …. how are you communicating with PM and who started the communication?

I would not be comfortable either. Is it an issue that someone in the community can help you with?

Jaml

Yes I spoke to them through private message. The first reply asked for pin ,phone# and last 4 digits of credit card. But another reply asked for the stuff I posted about

The only way I might surmise this would ever be asked, is in the event of a legitimate identity theft where someone has used someone else’s information, and Public Mobile is trying to associate the correct individual with the correct service.

I have heard in those cases that face-to-face presentation of identity information with someone at a Corporate Telus or Koodo location has served that purpose.

But I would never, ever be sending screenshots of these items through a web-based private message service, @Jaml 

Hollister

@Jaml 

That is highly unusual. They may ask for information you signed up with like the last 4 digits of your credit card or SIM card, last payment, phone number, account number, pin. They would only ask for info you used to sign up. I have used agents many times and was never asked for documentation.

Did you private message them with the link below?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Jaml 

Are you talking via private messaging?  What is the name of the person you are talking to?  It should be CS_Agent in the title. 

What are you trying to accomplish with agent?  

It is unusual for them to ask for picture of government ID, credit card.

CSAs often will need to confirm ownership of account.  That usually requires account number, last 4 digits of credit card on file, etc. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Jaml 

can you please confirm the method that you are communicating with an agent?

also, if it’s through the community private message service, what, exactly, is the address that you are sending communication back-and-forth to?

Is it @CS_Agent ?

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

No. They should not be asking for that. They should be asking your name, address, the last 4 digits of your credit card on the account and the email address used.

Need Help? Let's chat.