cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adds on after canceling autopay

4aklynka
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Do adds on still roll to next cycle if I cancel autopay and miss the payment?

I have 500-75=425 Canada wide long distance minute add on that I purchased in April 2021 and they keep on rolling to next cycles. 

Question.  If I cancel my autopay right now and don't pay on August 14, will they disappear or roll over no matter my services are paused due to no payment on time?

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

@4aklynka wrote:

but no restrictions on incoming texts and calls from others,  right?

Just not outbound until paying the monthly fee 

As z10user4 said earlier, you'll have no service at all.  The only carrier that I know of in Canada tht allows prepaid customers to receive incoming calls and text messages when the plan is supsended is Freedom Mobile.  Is it possible that you used Wind/Freedom before?  Unfortunately, that's not how other prepaid services work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@4aklynka : Here's another in-depth detail you may not wish to read. If you have a balance in Available Funds sufficient to cover your plan cost OR you have a whole bunch of rewards to cover your plan cost then your plan will renew. Autopay can be turned off (although you lose the $2) and the plan will still renew.

@4aklynka wrote:

Wrong.

No service at all while account is suspended.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@4aklynka : No. No services while suspended. When you don't renew the plan you become suspended. Services stop. You then have 90 days to reactivate the plan. After that your account is dead.

4aklynka

@4aklynka wrote:

without general phrases.  Precisely please

If I don't pay on date im supposed to. Then plan is inactive until I pay. 

And with open account but inactive unpaid for the next 30 days plan i can't use my add on. Yes or no?

You won't be able to use your add-on until your plan gets renewed.

4aklynka

Too much water.  Precisely please

If I don't pay,  I don't get texts minutes and data.  That's fine.  Ppl still can call me.  Will I be able to call ppl using my 425 minutes add on?

4aklynka

without general phrases.  Precisely please

If I don't pay on date im supposed to. Then plan is inactive until I pay. 

And with open account but inactive unpaid for the next 30 days plan i can't use my add on. Yes or no?

@4aklynka wrote:

Do adds on still roll to next cycle if I cancel autopay and miss the payment?

I have 500-75=425 Canada wide long distance minute add on that I purchased in April 2021 and they keep on rolling to next cycles. 

Question.  If I cancel my autopay right now and don't pay on August 14, will they disappear or roll over no matter my services are paused due to no payment on time?

Except for roaming add-ons that expire after 10 days, add-ons do rollover.  You'll keep your add-ons with remaining usage as long as your account remains open, but you'll only be able to use the add-ons if you have an active plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@4aklynka : Add-ons will stay on the account until fully consumed. If you are in suspension then you can't use any services anyway. If you let the account deactivate then it's all gone anyway.

Need Help? Let's chat.