cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Address not in sign-up list

timmy6figures
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I am trying to buy a plan, and my home address does not show up in the list of addresses available, so it will not let me continue with the purchase process

16 REPLIES 16

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Are you trying the same style that Google maps ends up showing? Is that one house using the same postal code as you? If so then use it.
The payment really only cares about the postal code at the payment screen.
The address of the profile doesn't seem to have anything to do with the rest of the system. So you've been kind of pulling your hair out for something useless. So if you can get past it then you should be good.

timmy6figures

Yes, it shows up in google maps. Only one house on my street shows up in the list. It is not a free-form entry box

Apparently this place uses Google for the addressing. Can you get directions to your address in Google maps?

timmy6figures

My home. I live in a suburb that has been around for at least 20 years

Do you get mail to your home? Or to a PO Box? Or one of those rural superboxes whatever they're called?

Is it doing the dots and processing and then coming up with nothing? Or is this in fact a free-form entry box?

timmy6figures

None of these worked for me. I have tried every variation I can think of

The address should auto-fill. Type in your street address number. Wait. It might come up with some results. If you have a more "complicated" street name then try some variations. And wait. See if it finds you. If a simple street name then type it and again wait. Let it find you.

timmy6figures

My current phone does not support eSim. I am planning on getting a new phone in a year, but not just yet

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@timmy6figures 

sorry, I thunk you were trying to activate your account but I see you're wanting to buy a sim and need address help.

Are you aware that all plans currently offer free esims now ? eSim can be sent to your phone right away.

@timmy6figures 

Yes but it must be an official Telus/Koodo not the stores that sell every carrier plans.

They might try to up sell you to one of the Telus or Koodo plans.

HI @timmy6figures 

they said only Enterprise store, but hard to find out which is which 

Google the phone number of the store you want to go and call them first

or buy from Amazon, it's only $4.99, cheaper, and they ship fast with Prime

timmy6figures

So I should be able to go to Telus in the mall and pick up a Public mobile SIM?

@timmy6figures 

I hope you are not purchasing a SIM card because it may take up to 3 weeks to arrive.

Quicker to pick one up at your local Telus/Koodo store or order from Amazon.ca for $4.99 and faster shipping.

timmy6figures

I have lived at the address for 20 years, it is a single-family home, and I want to make sure it arrives to my address

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@timmy6figures 

just pick an nearby postal code.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI@timmy6figures 

is that a newly developed address?

or you are in a condo? for condo, try this 1211 - 123 abc street 

Need Help? Let's chat.