cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding my friends referral code

cloudalabama
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m new in the past two month, 

got someone referral code wondering how do I add their code to my account? 

6 REPLIES 6

@hairbag1 wrote:

@darlicious 

myself and @Handy1 were wondering if there's a time limit that would prevent new customer from adding referral code at late date. If new customer forgets to add referral code...how long after activation before it's too later to add it.

@hairbag1 - i'd say it is CSA specific, and dependant on how persistent the customer can be.

I am sure public has the ability to add a $1 reward from weeks/months ago, but would likely not retroactively go back to add the funds from when first activated; but rather just when the request is put in.

May be YMMV situation.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@hairbag1 @Handy1 

I have heard 12 weeks bounced around and at least one CSA used that number but I think the customer got it added thru a second ticket. I know referral codes have been added much longer than that. But it's more a matter of the circumstances.....as we well know there has been very much a set it and forget it attitude for many customers especially if it was an in store activation. Many customers have never even set up their account until autopay fails.

But given the glitch that occurs for some customers that despite entering the referral code and getting the green checkmark the referral code simply does not register on the account. I am of the opinion that 12 months be the limit as that is as far as a customer can go back thru their payment history to discover the $10 bonus credit has never been added to the account balance.

Seeing how I had to patiently wait nearly 4 1/2 months to get the May RAF credits added to my and my referral's and their referral's accounts I don't see 12 months as unreasonable and there is precedence that exceeds that time period.

@darlicious 

myself and @Handy1 were wondering if there's a time limit that would prevent new customer from adding referral code at late date. If new customer forgets to add referral code...how long after activation before it's too later to add it.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@cloudalabama 

If you were unable to add it at activation you may ask customer support to add it for you. If possible also supply the last 4 digits of your friends phone number so the CSA can double check that the correct referral code is being added to your account. But this info is by no means necessary it only ensures the correct code is being used as once it is added it cannot be removed and I'm sure you want your friend to get their reward.

Once added you will see the $10 bonus referral credit added to your account balance within 72 hours but usually the next day. Your friend will recieve the Cha-ching text the following day at 2pm eastern. If they happen to have a $$ rewards account then immediately after the referral code is added successfully to your account they will see the last 4 digits of your phone number appear in their rewards account along with the $1 reward.

Points accounts only get the Cha-ching text and will see the point added to their points rewards account at renewal. Points rewards customers should make a note of the Cha-ching text dates and likely referral's phone # (if they know it) as a means of tracking their referrals as pm gives them precious few tools or info to track their referrals compared to $$ reward recipients. The following thread may help you as you navigate the points program.....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Public-Points-Rewards-Tracking-points/td-...

To contact customer support......

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Get-Support-Contact-Customer-Support/td-p...

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@cloudalabama 

you'll have to start conversation with CSA to add the referral code.

Top of this page click Get Help / Chat with Simon to start the process.

Watch the little envelop icon on top right side of page will be highlighted when they repond.

Give Simon as much account info as you can ie; account number, pin number, phone number...etc.

or...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@cloudalabama  has to be  added at activation 4 page before payment 

edit sorry @cloudalabama i thought it had be done at activation 

Need Help? Let's chat.