cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a Phone to account

DaDiSi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My Wifes LG phone just died. I have a Samsung Galaxy S10. Can I just put her Public Mobile Sim into it, or is there a process I have to go thru with Public Mobile?

7 REPLIES 7

DavidFB
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks, @DaDiSi 

I trimmed off the edges of the micro card to make it a nano SIM and inserted, rebooted and reset the network a couple of times (in Android 11 is under General, Reset, Network Reset).

It found the SIM card on the second reboot but isn't connecting. Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks!

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

yes

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@DaDiSi 

Yes, just power off the S10 phone then transfer the old SIM (remove/add SIM spacers) into the phone and power up the phone.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@DaDiSi wrote:

My Wifes LG phone just died. I have a Samsung Galaxy S10. Can I just put her Public Mobile Sim into it, or is there a process I have to go thru with Public Mobile?

@DaDiSi 

Note, depending on the existing SIM SLOT of the LG phone...if it is currently a MICRO size, you may need to gently remove the outer adapter to make it a NANO size to fit in the S10 phone.

esjliv_0-1627525312721.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaDiSi 

yes you can use Public Mobile Sim card at any unlocked device,

but if you want to open new account you need a new email addresss and you can use all same info,like credit card or 4 digit pin,all you can use it the same for new account but you need a new email for each new account...

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@DaDiSi wrote:

@DaDiSi 

If the SIM slot is the same size it is as simple as moving the SIM card to the new phone, that's it.

Remember to reboot, and perform a reset of the network settings on the new phone once you move the SIM card over.

You do not have to let Public Mobile know of the change of phones.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@DaDiSi   No, should be very easy.  Just pop your SIM onto the new phone and that's all your need.   (as long as the SIM fits.  If you have an "bigger" SIM, see if there is "frame" to remove to make it a nano sim)

Of course, you would then go through setting up of the "new" phone for your wife

Need Help? Let's chat.