cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Added US Roaming Plan but no service

samy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Successfully purchased a US Voice and Data plan yesterday (and it shows up in my add on section); however when I landed in the states today I could not use this service. My usage for plan even shows 0.

@CS_Agent @Shazia_K @Brooke_C can you help? I can provide my contact details in a PM.

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

samy

The service is now working - thanks all for the suggestions. Honestly I think it just took a bit of time.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Bella If you need more info on the 2-step process, please see here.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

wrote:

So I am travelling to the USA today and I am going to buy a us add on.  Can someone explain to me what I have to do to get it working in the US.  The last time I went I could not send any text messages or receive any.  Do I have to do anything when I reach the USA.

Once in the US, make sure that roaming data is turned on.  If the phone does not auto connect to the roaming partner network, use a manual search to locate and connect to AT&T.  That is about it.  BTW, when buying the addon, make sure to do both steps.  Enjoy your travels. 

Bella

So I am travelling to the USA today and I am going to buy a us add on.  Can someone explain to me what I have to do to get it working in the US.  The last time I went I could not send any text messages or receive any.  Do I have to do anything when I reach the USA.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@samy, a few things you can try.  Make sure cellular and data roaming is turned on.  If that doesn't work you can also manually select your network and make sure it is AT&T or T~Mobile.  You are positive that it is in your addons as it is a two step process that some people don't complete the second step.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

samy

@Anonymous @RobertQc thanks for the suggestion. I have PMd @CS_Agent directly. Hopefully this can get resolved for tomorrow.

Cheers

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

wrote:

Successfully purchased a US Voice and Data plan yesterday (and it shows up in my add on section); however when I landed in the states today I could not use this service. My usage for plan even shows 0.

@CS_Agent @Shazia_K @Brooke_C can you help? I can provide my contact details in a PM.

Thanks!

@samyMake sure to send @CS_Agent a private message not just mention them 🙂 Looks like they will have to help you directly but sorry they are gone for the night already.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@samy, you're on the right track, regarding moderators.  However, you should initiate contact with them via PM.  If you include your account number & PIN, they can, hopefully, resolve the situation without further back and forth.

In case you don't have easy access, click here to send them a private message.
They will be back to work at 9AM(EST)

Need Help? Let's chat.