cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-ons

gbranscombe23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I add an add-on with my rewards when does this add-on take effect? Also if I purchase an add-on when does it take effect? Does the weekend affect when they take effect also? The reason I ask is I am going to the US on Monday and staying till the following Monday and I want to make sure I get 10-day coverage for the Add-ons. Thank you. 

6 REPLIES 6

@gbranscombe23 yes, go to neteork selection and you can change it from Automatic to manually select the one you want

gbranscombe23

Are there any settings on the phone that would help with this? Like choosing the T-mobile or ATT network? 

Thanks 

gbranscombe23

OK thank you 

Add-ons become available immediately.

US add-on counter (10 days) starts immediately as you purchase it. Think twice before buying US add-on as service is very spotty and it might or not work for you.

gbranscombe23

Thank you for the quick response. So the weekend doesn't affect anything when I purchase, correct? It doesn't take longer to process on the weekend. If I purchase the Add-on on Saturday will it be effective Saturday or Monday if that makes sense? Thanks 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@gbranscombe23 rewards will be added to your account within 48 hours

With roaming add-on, it has a 10 days , 240 hours, time limit and the clock starts right after the purchase was made successfully.  

So, if you are buying the US roaming, buy it only when you need it or at least right before your trip 

But if you are redeeming Public Points for roaming add-on, it will be added within 48 hours. Since it is within 48 hours, you don't know exact time when it will be processed but the 10 days clock will start counting when the add-on is added to your account

Need Help? Let's chat.