cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add on not working

Zeldacat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I cannot call from the USA and my wife cannot call from Canada.  There is lots of usage remaining.  It worked I. Midland Texas but not in Buckhannon West Virginia. 

15 REPLIES 15

Zeldacat

Its a Samsung 9s+. I am going back there in a week or so so I will see what happens. 

@Zeldacat wrote:

I do not have GSM. What doesn't make sense is the signal is strong and it shows me roaming.  It's like t mobile is blocking my access.  

Screenshot_20240129-095628_Call settings.jpg

@Zeldacat 

Try to select 2G network with T mobile.  See whether talk will work.  

Another option is try to use other apps like Whatsup or Facebook messenger to call your wife. That would require data.  

@Zeldacat wrote:

I do not have GSM. What doesn't make sense is the signal is strong and it shows me roaming.  It's like t mobile is blocking my access.  

@Zeldacat 

you are on the correct screen, 2G Only is what you want to try

Zeldacat

Oh I just tried my voice-mail and it said t mobile not available.   But the strength indicator doesn't make sense. 

Zeldacat

@Phil_Adelphus wrote:

@softech   One thing I'm not sure about, does the OP's wife need a US LD plan to call from Canada or is that covered by the US roaming add-on at the receiving end?  

@Phil_Adelphus 

The caller is calling a Canadian phone number, so no LD add-on needed

Zeldacat

My company phone is on AT&T LTE so why won't mine? Granted we are comparing apples with a Droid. 

@Zeldacat 

T-Mobile is good.  Can you check the network mode and change to 2G? or GSM?
 Settings > Connections.> Mobile networks.> Network mode> Choose 2G only or GSM only

Zeldacat

It's on t mobile.  It won't connect to at&t. I tried manually nothing changes. It seems to want t mobile.  

@Zeldacat  That phone probably doesn't have VoLTE, at least it's not on Public Mobile's VoLTE enabled list.  You would need to try and connect to T-Mobile's 2G because AT&T doesn't have 2G.  Coverage on T-Mobile's 2G is probably spotty (it will be shut down completely in April this year).  Try searching settings for Network Operators or something similar, and ask it to do a manual search then select T-Mobile.  Sorry not sure of the exact route to get to the setting on Android, someone else will probablyhelp.

Zeldacat

It's a Samsung S9+  It's autoconnect on LTE 3G and 2G. 

How does one connect with at&t or t mobile? 

My phone keeps refreshing the simple card. Then tell me i have a voice-mail,  which I cannot retrieve.  

Zeldacat

I purchased about 3 days ago. There is a R above the signal strength indicator.  

@softech   One thing I'm not sure about, does the OP's wife need a US LD plan to call from Canada or is that covered by the US roaming add-on at the receiving end?  

One other thing I thought of is,  how long ago did @Zeldacat purchase the add-on because they only last 15 days.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Zeldacat 

what phone do you have? Not sure if yours is VoLTE compatible.

Start with connecting to AT&T and try to make calls.  If that does not work, try connecting to T-Mobile and test, if it still does not work, while still on T-Mobile, change the network to 2G and see if it helps

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Zeldacat   If you don't have a VoLTE phone it will only work where there is 2G from T-Mobile because the USA has shut down all 3G networks.  If you have a VoLTE (voice over LTE) phone make sure it is on 4G/LTE (not 5G) and try to manually select AT&T or T-Mobile if automatic isn't working.  What phone do you have?

Need Help? Let's chat.