cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add on in USA not working (again)🤷‍♂️

Redfisher1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just dropped down into the USA and … my Add on package of talk/text and data is not working properly.  I can make calls but no data and texts limited to non Messenger ones.   This happened last time here too.  (Worked fine the first time)

I have rebooted phone, turned cellular data one and off etc.  No success.  

Back in Canada for 1 day then heading back to US.  Really want my plan to work or if not I will have to buy a US plan from somewhere else 

very frustrating. 

8 REPLIES 8

@Redfisher1   It's not because of the speed, it's because roaming on 5G doesn't always work, especially on AT&T, hence you are more likely to be able to connect if you use 4G/LTE.  If an iPhone then it's Settings - Cellular - Cellular Data Options - Voice and Data and select LTE.  If an Android it should be a similar path, something like Settings - Wireless & Networks - Mobile Network - Preferred Network Mode.

Redfisher1

My issue is not speed, mine is that it simply does not work at all.  I can’t even check my email.   Texting almost impossible and sone phone calls work going out. 

I know my phone is good so it’s something in the Add-on process.  Really hope that someone actually knows what is wrong as the last time this happened I got lots of tips but nothing worked. 

Wayworn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

According to my experience anyway- when I select 4G-LTE  instead of 5G things seem faster and smoother. 

@Redfisher1 wrote:

Not certain how to do that.   It worked fine the first time this year that I used it.  Nothing changed on my phone. 

Go to phone settings and find where it says service provider or similar. There should be an option to select xG.

Redfisher1

Not certain how to do that.   It worked fine the first time this year that I used it.  Nothing changed on my phone. 

Redfisher1

Didn’t make any difference.  Tried that.  

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Redfisher1   If your phone is on 5G change it to 4G/LTE.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Redfisher1 

try selecting either T-Mobile OR AT&T...whichever works best in your case.

Need Help? Let's chat.