cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-Ons

Johariwindows1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm going on a trip to south east asia for 5 months. Leaving end of August 2024. What is best for me to do without any interruption on my smartphone to communicate with families in Canada. Please help. Thank you PM. 

3 REPLIES 3

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Johariwindows1 

as suggested by @Meow  & @eddieO ...you could download the free voip app such as TextNow. It uses your local wifi or separately purchased data for free calls / texts to/from most any US and Cdn number.  Check out airlo for decent price on data packages.

https://www.airalo.com/

ed

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Johariwindows1 Public Mobile does not having roaming outside of the U.S. so you would need to get a local SIM card for where you will be. If you have access to WiFi you could use WhatsApp, or TextNow or similar apps for free. As for you PM account, if you choose to not continue paying you need to be careful because if you reach 90 days of being inactive (not paying) the account will close and you will lose your number

Meow
Mayor / Maire

PM does NOT offer any service outside of USA/Canada.

You can get free voip up and stay in touch that way or use Viber or similar apps.

If you want to keep your service and number but not to pay for every 30 days of Not using it, suspend service, log in around 85th day of suspension, pay for the next 30 days and suspend it again. that way you will keep number and pay every 3 months.

Need Help? Let's chat.