cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation timeout error

gsgodin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I completed the activation procedure using a SIM card I purchased from Public Mobile. I reached the sixth and final at activate.publicmobile.ca step and after submitting the form, I was redirected to a 404 not found web page. I don't remember the exact URL, but I do remember it was finishing with /timeout.

I have no idea what is the status of my activation. When I try to sign in using the credentials I entered during the registration process at https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/ It get the error "Sorry, your login attempt failed. Please try again". However, I was charged on my credit card. What can I do?

4 REPLIES 4

NobleMobile

Looks like this question is answered. but I'll just add that I also experienced an "Error 404 Timeout" message at the end of my signup process. I tried twice, about an hour apart, and the error came up both times. However, my card wasn't charged as in gsgodin's case, and the solution for me was to simply wait until the next day, when the signup worked just fine. Hope this helps anyone else that runs into the Timeout error.

gsgodin

Thanks for the help,

It seems everything was fine with my activation except for my Public Mobile account. Using a link that SIMon gave me (https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/) I was able to sign-in.

My SIM card is working and I was able to make and receive phone calls.

Thanks again!

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@gsgodin 

If you were charged via credit card, try to insert your PM SIM card in your phone to see whether it is working.  Your SIM card may be active.

Try again logging in with your login information.  Clear cache or incognito mode first though.  

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@gsgodin your SIM was activated. Try inserting it into the phone(if you ported it can take up to 3 hours to complete if from a cell provider). Turn it off, insert the SIM and restart it. If it works try again to log into your self service account. If that fails. Try the forgot password link. Reenter the same password as the one you used to create your account. If all fails contact the moderators and ask them to help you set up your self service account and for a temporary password to it. 

There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Welcome to PM. 

Need Help? Let's chat.