cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working

Jessewylie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I upgraded my plan recently and since, my data has not worked. I reset the phone, reset my network settings, removed sim card and put it back in checked the APN settings and everything else google suggested. Nothing is working.

9 REPLIES 9

@Jessewylie thats an iPhone. Which model? Normally a network reset and restart of your phone would have fixed your data. Do you have sms amd mms enabled to so that you can send and receive from android phones? Another possibility Is that you are stuck between plans. The moderators would have to convert it to the proper plan for you. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Jessewylie

I will! Thank you!

Jessewylie

 Also, I’m set up for auto pay, and when I went to upgrade the plan my card was charged immediately so I assumed that the plan started. I tried to just add $15 as you can see but I could not just top up the account I had to pay the $50 in full to activate the plan. So it should be started right?

@Jessewylie contact customer support here

type "no data"

(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)
https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a message

Jessewylie

I have tried a few other things suggested, still no luck. I’m not able to send an mms message and I  can’t see much of my apn settings I’m not sure if I’m missing something? 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Jessewylie wrote:

I upgraded my plan recently and since, my data has not worked. I reset the phone, reset my network settings, removed sim card and put it back in checked the APN settings and everything else google suggested. Nothing is working.

Hi @Jessewylie , Have you started your new cycle yet? If you just changed your plan it does not take effect until your next cycle has started (if you selected "Change on next renewal date")

So in other words...maybe you are out of data until your next renewal account cycle.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Jessewylie enable data and try sending an mms text message. If you can, your APN settings are correct.  If you cant, what's the make and model of your phone?  And can you post your APN settings here, so that we can take a look at them. Thanks.  Stay safe. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jessewylie- Have you checked your self serve account to be sure that the correct (new) plan is showing up?  Also, check to be sure that you have not used up all of you data (I realize that since you cannot use the data on the phone, it would not be possible, but the system might think that you have used it all up)...

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Jessewylie 

• enable/disable airplane mode
  • go to self serve and enable/disable lost/stolen feature
Need Help? Let's chat.